Author Topic: Missing Quintin  (Read 2699 times)

Offline JQB6

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Missing Quintin
« on: Sunday 09 January 11 22:42 GMT (UK) »
My GGGrandfather, Quintin Bone fathered an illegitimate child with Isabella Hose (nee Duff) in 1843 then seems to have disappeared. A link which I've since lost said he immigrated to Texas and lived in Houston. Does anyone have any clues?
Regards,
JQB6

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Quintin
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 January 11 22:46 GMT (UK) »
Where was he when he allegedly impregnated isabella?

(what country)?
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline JQB6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 January 11 00:16 GMT (UK) »
Pauline,
Sorry about the lack of info, QB was in Dalrymple, Ayrshire, Scotland. The child was my GGfather also named Quintin who came to Australia aged 19 in 1862
Regards
JQB6

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://www.apigintime.net/blog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 10 January 11 08:54 GMT (UK) »
Ancestry has a Texas agriculture census which mentions a Quinton Bone as an owner of land in 1880.  Unfortunately, it doesn't give any personal details about Quinton to prove that he is yours!

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 10 January 11 09:00 GMT (UK) »
There is also a record of a 30 year old Quinton Bone arriving in New York on board the Perthshire, which departed Glasgow and arrived 1 Aug 1844

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 10 January 11 09:26 GMT (UK) »
Pauline,
Sorry about the lack of info, QB was in Dalrymple, Ayrshire, Scotland. The child was my GGfather also named Quintin who came to Australia aged 19 in 1862
Regards
JQB6

Quintin Bone married Ann Ramsay 27th August 1842 in Ayr, Ayrshire...extracted record on IGI.....lets see if we can find the birth of child to Quintin and Isabella Hose / Duff.....
can you recall whether Quintin emigrated to America with his wife or alone ???
allan :)
ADDED......hmmm....Quintin Bone born 4th February 1844 , babtised 18th February 1844
Ayr , Ayrshire
father Quintin Bone ............mother  ANN RAMSAY .....I can`t see a married man having a child out of wedlock 12 months after he marries and then calling his son the same name as the illegitimate son  a year later....so there has to be more than one Quintin Bone in Ayr at the time....I cannot find the 1843 birth....only a 1844
allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 10 January 11 10:14 GMT (UK) »
I can see by looking at the ancestry transcriptions of the 1851 and 1861 scotland censuses, that there was indeed two Quinten Bone's both bn c. 1844 in Ayr, one with mother Isabella Hose, and the other with parents Quinton and Ann!

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 10 January 11 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Therefore, are we looking at 2 Quinton Bone seniors?  One who as born c. 1801 and appears on the 1851 and 1861 census with wife Ann, and one who was born c. 1814 who got Isabella pregnant and then scarpered off to the USA in 1844?

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 10 January 11 10:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi JQB6
Welcome to Rootschat :D

Looking at the 1841 census
The Quintin Bone who marries Ann Ramsey is in Ayr with Ann in the household. The one in Dalrymple is born c1806 listed as farmer living with 75 yr old Janet, then there is a one born 1816 living  Maybole also a farmer. Plus 4 others born 1786, 1821, 1831 and 1836  in Ayrshire, surprisingly popular name!

Jan ;)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge