Author Topic: Anthony Scott, Huby, North Yorkshire - COMPLETED  (Read 8739 times)

Offline beaglelady

• RootsChat Member
  • The Girls!
    • View Profile
Anthony Scott, Huby, North Yorkshire - COMPLETED
« on: Monday 10 January 11 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

I'm searching for any information on Anthony Scott b.1826/7 Huby, Yorkshire.  He married an Elizabeth ? - she was b.1829 Tadcaster, Yorkshire.  They had at least 10 children all born in Huby.  I've found Anthony on all the censuses so I'm hoping someone may have access to the parish records and perhaps could check on Anthony's baptism - parents names etc

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Elaine :)
Fishburn/Ferryhill/West Cornforth and most areas of Durham and Dumfries/Scotland, also North Yorkshire.

Also, Lancashire/Kent/Huntingdonshire.   Australia and Canada.

Offline The Mc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Scott, Huby, North Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 January 11 23:35 GMT (UK) »
I have had a quick look and found several Elizabeths born in Tadcaster in 1829 but cannot find any marriages to Anthony Scott.

There are 2 Huby's in North Yorkshire - one is just south of Harrogate, the other is about 10 miles north of York close to Sutton on Forest. Do you know which Huby it is from your census research?

I did find an Antony Scott christened 07 Feb 1825 at Sutton on the Forest (approx 2 miles from Huby). Parents shown as Robert Scott and Anne.

Offline beaglelady

• RootsChat Member
  • The Girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 January 11 09:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Thanks for looking for me.  I think  Huby is the one near York as according to the census it states civil parish of St Michael Le Belfry, registration district York, sub-reg district Bootham.  That was for the 1871 census.  RG10 piece 4744 fol 91 p.18.  Anthony did eventually end up in Durham and worked on the railways, his son John is my Great Grandfather.

I did find an Anthony in the 1841 census with wife Hannah and son Anthony (my G/Gfather I  think it's my family??) ref no HO107 pice 1287 book/folio 14/3 p.1 living at Dunkeswick, Harewood, which is very close to Huby so I'm thinking this could be my Anthony's parents??  Just not sure at the moment.

Thanks for your help,
Elaine  :)
Fishburn/Ferryhill/West Cornforth and most areas of Durham and Dumfries/Scotland, also North Yorkshire.

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 January 11 13:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello There......

I think that the Huby you are looking for, is the one just outside Easingwold. That is certainly the registration district that Anthony and Elizabeth are living in 1851/1861  census.

Possible marriage

Anthony Scott to Elizabeth WARD / Sept quarter 1846 / TADCASTER / volume 23 page 557

JeannieR
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline beaglelady

• RootsChat Member
  • The Girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 11 January 11 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi JeannieR,

Yes that's the censuses that I have, and thanks for the marriage details I think I will order the certificate to find out Anthony and Elizabeth's parents names then at least I know for sure if the family I found in the 1841 census is related or not.  Certainly looks like my Anthony as a boy with his parents but I could be wrong!

Thanks again,
Elaine :)

Offline nunthorpe mag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Scott, Huby, North Yorkshire - COMPLETED
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 29 July 12 10:41 BST (UK) »
Hi 

I realise this post is over a year old but I have just found this site may I can be of some help

My GG grandfather was Anthony Scott  b feb 1825 Huby married Elizabeth Ward 27/07/1846 Tadcaster

Steve
Yarrow...Northumberland/Durham
Amis...Northumberland/Norfolk
Wade...Lincolnshire
Scott...Northumberland
Cook...Whitby
Womphrey...Northumberland
Weldon...Northumberland
Close...Hexham/Ireland
Todd...Northumberland/Scotland

Offline beaglelady

• RootsChat Member
  • The Girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 29 July 12 12:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve,

Well as you can tell it's a while since I've done any genealogy but I'm still interested, just felt I'd come to the end of the line.

Anthony Scott is my GG Grandfather also!!!!  We must be related somehow?  Perhaps you could PM me and we can swap more info??  I did eventually find more details on Anthony and his wife and family.

I'd love to hear from you,

Elaine

Offline nunthorpe mag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 29 July 12 12:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Elaine

Where's th pm button on here  ???

Steve
Yarrow...Northumberland/Durham
Amis...Northumberland/Norfolk
Wade...Lincolnshire
Scott...Northumberland
Cook...Whitby
Womphrey...Northumberland
Weldon...Northumberland
Close...Hexham/Ireland
Todd...Northumberland/Scotland

Offline beaglelady

• RootsChat Member
  • The Girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 29 July 12 12:48 BST (UK) »
Click on my username - Beaglelady then at the bottom of the box is a message saying send PM to Beaglelady - click on it.

I've just PM 'd you!!

Elaine