Author Topic: SOS on missing Woodhouse family, possibly traveled abroad to Italy in 1909.  (Read 1933 times)

Offline Ness66

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hoping someone might be able to shed some light on a missing family I have in 1911.  Fred and Maggie (Margaret) Woodhouse.

Details of the family are below.
Frederick Charles Woodhouse 1883 born Hackford, Norfolk KIA 5th Nov 1917 Egypt.
Margaret (Maggie) Woodhouse (nee Pieraccini) 1883 Luton, Bedfordshire - 1952 Rugby, Warwickshire.

Married 1904 Luton, Bedfordshire.

I believe Frederick was a Horse Trainer.

Children

Frederick Charles jnr 1906 Bedfordshire

Nelson Dennis 1907 Bedfordshire

Maggie or Margaret ? no information, possibly born abroad.

Arthur P 1912 Luton

Robert S N 1914 Luton

Constance Elizabeth 1915 - 1976 Rugby, Warwickshire.

Reginald C C 1919 - 1975 Rugby. Maggie's son, father unknown.

It is possible that Fred and Maggie travelled to Naples Italy on the Omrah 19 Feb 1909 with their two sons Fred and Nelson, this is what I am trying to confirm and if so when did they return, as their 3rd son was born back in Luton in 1912.  So between the birth of their second son in 1907 till 1912, I have lost them and also cannot find a birth for Maggie (possibly born Margaret) their daughter in the UK.  I do know she exists, as I have pictures of her, but no other details.  Could she have been born in Italy?  If in fact the family did travel there.

I have not been able to locate the Woodhouse family living in the UK on the 1911 census and had put out an SOS in the English Chat room, and they have steered me to here in the hope we might find something to help us.

Margaret (Maggie) Woodhouse was born a Pieraccini.  Her grandfather Pietro Pieraccini (Pierachini) looks to have immigrated to the UK prior to 1829.

Pietro Pierachini was born Tuscany Italy 1807.  Father's name was Giacomo Pierachini as per marriage certificate.  I have no other information of the family prior to Pietro moving to the UK.  Would dearly love to find out any information as possible of the Pieraccini/Pierachini family if anyone has any information. 
Pietro was a wonderful sculptor, plasterer, modeller and many of his busts are apparently still in the UK.  Although as I do not live in the UK, am unable to actually find or confirm where the bust are now.  One is believe to be Queen Victoria 1838.  I do have a list and where they are apparently displayed if anyone is interested or could help with letting me know if they are actually still there. 

I believe that most of Pietro's children and then their children followed in his footsteps and were part of the massive recovery and restoration of London and surrounding areas that were bombed in the war.

Hoping for any information.

Thank you

Vanessa.
Surnames in my family search are:

Rawlings - Aust/UK
Mathieson - Scotland
Sadlier - Aust/UK
Leet - Aust/UK
Bassett - Kyneton Vic/UK
Benson - Aust/UK
Dyer - UK
Brandham - UK
Pieraccini - UK/Italy
Haywood - UK
The rest is all UK, although some immigrated to Australia.
Brown
Lucas
England
Wigin or Wigen
Ross
Crosland / Crossland
Turpin
Dunscombe
Horn
Proctor
Fountain
Martin
Hodgins
Edmunds
Pipkin
Hawkins

See my ancestry tree in ancestry.com under 66ness.

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: SOS on missing family, possibly traveled abroad to Italy in 1909.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 January 11 12:49 GMT (UK) »
hello vanessa
there is a record of a mr&mrs woodhouse and 2 children for the date you,ve given and the ship but no christian names for any of them the ship was on it,s way to aus but would have made stops on the way as it was owned by the orient royal mail steamship co , but looking on ancestry i can,t see them arriving back in your time frame .
trevor
morters-cambs-norfolk   clements london    copas newington
went colchester essex    goodey essex -suffolk

Offline Ness66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 January 11 19:09 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Trevor.

They certainly are a mystery.
Surnames in my family search are:

Rawlings - Aust/UK
Mathieson - Scotland
Sadlier - Aust/UK
Leet - Aust/UK
Bassett - Kyneton Vic/UK
Benson - Aust/UK
Dyer - UK
Brandham - UK
Pieraccini - UK/Italy
Haywood - UK
The rest is all UK, although some immigrated to Australia.
Brown
Lucas
England
Wigin or Wigen
Ross
Crosland / Crossland
Turpin
Dunscombe
Horn
Proctor
Fountain
Martin
Hodgins
Edmunds
Pipkin
Hawkins

See my ancestry tree in ancestry.com under 66ness.

Offline BIGASS1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 18 February 12 17:46 GMT (UK) »
Hoping someone might be able to shed some light on a missing family I have in 1911.  Fred and Maggie (Margaret) Woodhouse.

Details of the family are below.
Frederick Charles Woodhouse 1883 born Hackford, Norfolk KIA 5th Nov 1917 Egypt.
Margaret (Maggie) Woodhouse (nee Pieraccini) 1883 Luton, Bedfordshire - 1952 Rugby, Warwickshire.

Married 1904 Luton, Bedfordshire.

I believe Frederick was a Horse Trainer.

Children

Frederick Charles jnr 1906 Bedfordshire

Nelson Dennis 1907 Bedfordshire

Maggie or Margaret ? no information, possibly born abroad.

Arthur P 1912 Luton

Robert S N 1914 Luton

Constance Elizabeth 1915 - 1976 Rugby, Warwickshire.

Reginald C C 1919 - 1975 Rugby. Maggie's son, father unknown.

It is possible that Fred and Maggie travelled to Naples Italy on the Omrah 19 Feb 1909 with their two sons Fred and Nelson, this is what I am trying to confirm and if so when did they return, as their 3rd son was born back in Luton in 1912.  So between the birth of their second son in 1907 till 1912, I have lost them and also cannot find a birth for Maggie (possibly born Margaret) their daughter in the UK.  I do know she exists, as I have pictures of her, but no other details.  Could she have been born in Italy?  If in fact the family did travel there.

I have not been able to locate the Woodhouse family living in the UK on the 1911 census and had put out an SOS in the English Chat room, and they have steered me to here in the hope we might find something to help us.

Margaret (Maggie) Woodhouse was born a Pieraccini.  Her grandfather Pietro Pieraccini (Pierachini) looks to have immigrated to the UK prior to 1829.

Pietro Pierachini was born Tuscany Italy 1807.  Father's name was Giacomo Pierachini as per marriage certificate.  I have no other information of the family prior to Pietro moving to the UK.  Would dearly love to find out any information as possible of the Pieraccini/Pierachini family if anyone has any information. 
Pietro was a wonderful sculptor, plasterer, modeller and many of his busts are apparently still in the UK.  Although as I do not live in the UK, am unable to actually find or confirm where the bust are now.  One is believe to be Queen Victoria 1838.  I do have a list and where they are apparently displayed if anyone is interested or could help with letting me know if they are actually still there. 

I believe that most of Pietro's children and then their children followed in his footsteps and were part of the massive recovery and restoration of London and surrounding areas that were bombed in the war.

Hoping for any information.

Thank you

Vanessa.

hi don't know if you will get this...hope you do..
right then here goes
Pietro Pierachini married Margaret Mary Broady in 1829 and had 3 children  Peter John B 1831 D 1903
Mary Ann B 1834 D 1901
Josephine B 1840 D 1842
He then married Mary Ann Matthews in 1850 (she was married before ) they had no kids
He then married Ann Basstock not sure when and then had 8 children
Joseph b 1849 d 1905
Elizabeth b 1851 d 1854
James Robert b 1853 d 1922
Amelia b 1859 d 1949
John b 1857 d 1857
Elizabeth b 1865
Cnarles Henry b 1867
Laura b 1861 d 1940
Ann Basstock then married Charles Croft in 1872
Laura  married my great grandfather Frederick Howe in 1881
if you need anymore info my email address is *
i hope this helps x
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline BIGASS1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 21 February 12 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Maggie maud born 1910 died 1979 still trying to find out where x

Offline Robert Woodhouse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 16 January 18 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Vanessa,

I can answer your questions about the Woodhouse family.  Can you reply and we can set up a conversation.

Robert Woodhouse