Author Topic: william tateson:marriage witness, grimsby  (Read 6397 times)

Offline williams-taylor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: william tateson:marriage witness, grimsby
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 17:36 BST (UK) »
You can key in John Williams mariner 1812 and come up with quite a few ships...not yet got as far as looking them up further in Lloyds to see what trips they made etc......I went for this date as it was the year John married and described himself as a mariner...probably a red herring. What version of the family rumour did your uncle give you?
I have visited Claxby...lots of Sheherd family grave stones there
Are you in the UK or USA?
Best wishes Diane

Offline Susan S

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 06 July 11 21:13 BST (UK) »
To Mensor38 - Yes Michael. I didn't realise it was you. We got in touch via my Uncle Ken Shepherd who lives in Lincoln. You know I was writing what I had on the family for his 80th birthday. Well I tried to email you a copy but It was returned. I shall try again if you are interested.

To Diane - I am in the UK and have also seen the graves in Claxby as my uncle lives not too far from there. He says that his aunt Peg said that 'we were related to the Tennysons on the wrong side of the sheets!' He didn't take much notice at the time and now she has passed away. She lived with Harriet and Josephs son Frederick (my gg grandfather) for a time and so would have had the story first hand. I am absolutely convinced that there is a connection but it is just proving it.

I haven't researched for a while but shall start looking again. I remember that Tennysons in Paull interested me . If you are interested in my side of the family, I can send you some info.

Kind regards,
Sue

Offline williams-taylor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 10 July 11 16:04 BST (UK) »
Yes please.....We have a big family website I can give you access to...will do so off this site. If you are already in touch with Mike do ask him for my email address..Best wishes DIane

Offline Dyann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 12 October 11 05:16 BST (UK) »
This is my branch of the Tennyson, Williams, Bates (Jones) tree.
I have a bit more if anyone is interested. I just joined this site today and am not familiar with how to use the search options. If you message me, I will provide my email address. I am VERY interested in all branches of this side of my family....ESPECIALLY the elusive, John Tennyson.

Walter Tennyson Bates and Elizabeth Jane Bates. He came with his mother and sisters from Tasmania by boat into Canada and then settled in Berkeley, CA to study with Luther Burbank. He owned his own nursery there. Any info would be helpful - thanks.

My Grandmother, Doris Elizabeth Bates was the youngest born of seven from Walter and Elizabeth. In Hobart, Tasmania.

1.  WALTER TENNYSON
 BATES  (WILLIAM LAWRENCE
, JOHN
) (Source: Information given by Polly Laughlin.) was born
November 15, 1854 in Hull, East Yorkshire, England (Source: (1) Information given by Polly Laughlin., (2) 1881 Census
North Meols, Lancashire, England, film 1341898, PRO, RG 11, piece 3752, Folio 67, page 47., (3) Birth certificate.), and
died December 18, 1905 in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia (Source: Information given by Polly Laughlin.).  He married
ELIZABETH JANE JONES (Source: Information given by Polly Laughlin.) April 22, 1879 in Poulton Rd, High Park, Lancaster,
England (Source: Information given by Polly Laughlin, marriage certificate, North Meols, Lancashire, England.), daughter of
JOHN JONES and JANE BINGHAM.  She was born April 14, 1854 in Preston, Lancashire, England (Source: (1) Information
given by Polly Laughlin., (2) 1881 Census North Meols, Lancashire, England, film 1341898, PRO RG 11, piece 3752, Folio
67, page 47., (3) Marriage certificate., (4) Film 453770, births.)

Offline Mensor38

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 12 October 11 08:12 BST (UK) »
Hello Dyan,
Seen your message and welcome. I also have notes of your branch.

I come down from Harriett Tennyson Williams

As to those searching, we are a growing band of descendants, all on the Tennyson Williams hunt.

Please send your e mail address and we can swap notes.

Regards,
Michael Priest
Lincolnshire,  Christian, Dent, Green, Harrison, Priest, Shepherd, Williams,

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 12 October 11 08:34 BST (UK) »

Michael - Dyan won't be able to use the Personal Message system until she has made another post or two.  She should not post her e-mail address on this board.  You can send her one (and only one) PM, providing no one else has sent her one. :)
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline Mensor38

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 12 October 11 08:43 BST (UK) »
Dyan,

Apparently I'm allowed to send you one message - this being because you are a new member, with restrictions from that newness.
Hre is my e mail address (*)

Michael Priest

(*) Moderator Comment: Personal details removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

The Rootschat personal message system will be automatically activated
when a member has made two or three posts on the boards.
See Help-Page: http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Lincolnshire,  Christian, Dent, Green, Harrison, Priest, Shepherd, Williams,

Offline Dyann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 12 October 11 18:17 BST (UK) »
Hello Dyan,

As to those searching, we are a growing band of descendants, all on the Tennyson Williams hunt.

Regards,
Michael Priest

Hello Dyan,

Regards,
Michael Priest
Seems a rather rude rule to me.  I emailed you but also will post here as it seems I MUST in order to 'join in'.
You know that Walter and Elizabeth moved to Melbourne, then Hobart, then most of the 7 kids went on to Canada and California?
Thanks again for your reply, talk soon
Dyann

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 12 October 11 19:06 BST (UK) »
Seems a rather rude rule to me.  I emailed you but also will post here as it seems I MUST in order to 'join in'.

Now you have made a second post, you should be able so see little green scrolls under people's names on the left.  You can now send PMs or e-mails as you wish.  :) 
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.