Author Topic: Thomas Jones b 1793 Waterford, Ireland  (Read 3255 times)

Offline sarmor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Jones b 1793 Waterford, Ireland
« on: Tuesday 18 January 11 12:32 GMT (UK) »
I have recently traced my family back to Ireland with Thomas Jones who was born in Waterford in 1793. Who moved to England and appears on all the census returns from 1841 onwards. He lived in the Channel Islands for a brief time too as well as Devon where he met his wife. He was in the Navy and married Fanny Dustin and they had 6 children, most of which were born in Jersey. I wondered if anyone knew any information on Thomas and whether someone could have a look for his birth/baptism record to see who his parents were etc.

I've looked on Family search and there is one Thomas Jones born in Waterford in 1792 but he died in 1796 so it's not the same one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Mortimer, Bennett, Hutchings, Warr, Truman, Hiscock, Lamb, Hall, Bratchell, Kirby

Offline sarmor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Jones b 1793 Waterford, Ireland
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 May 17 16:37 BST (UK) »
I have an alternate birth year of 1795 too. I am still looking for information on Thomas. I know his father is William Jones. His first wife, Thomas's mother must have died, and he remarried in 1818 to Mary Shaw and they had two children. I know they are connected as Thomas gave Shaw as the middle name of a couple of his children even though she would have been his step mother. Despite having this information, I still can't find a birth for Thomas or who his actual mother was. There were two more children born to William and his first wife - Anne in 1814 possibly in Dublin and Robert in 1817 possibly born in Dublin.
Mortimer, Bennett, Hutchings, Warr, Truman, Hiscock, Lamb, Hall, Bratchell, Kirby