Author Topic: Moll/Mohl from Solingen, Germany  (Read 16915 times)

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
Re: Moll/Mohl from Solingen, Germany
« Reply #18 on: Monday 19 August 13 12:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Pat,

Can you check your messages, we are having problems with your emails bouncing back to us.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tom Mole

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 15 December 14 14:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi everybody. Just to say that I've read all the posts and found them interesting and informative.

I'm a (not very important) descendent of the Mole family and I've just begun looking into my family history so I'll be reading all the comments with great interest and it goes without saying that I'll post anything I uncover directly on to this blog. My line comes from John, a sword cutter, who was the grandson of Herman d. 1716 and the son of Johann H W who was born in 1686.

So, greetings from me and I look forward to reading and hopefully posting more stuff in the future.

Cheers

Tom Mole

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 16 December 14 10:01 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat Tom :D Every descendant is important!

Wishing you the very best of luck with your research.

Regards

Sarah :)

For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Marku

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 09 January 15 21:00 GMT (UK) »
Nice to see all you Mohl's are doing well.

The Ohlig/Mohl family came over from germany together :-)

I have the Oley/Ohligs on ancestry.co.uk if anyone is interested.

Offline 123michael

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 01 October 15 16:36 BST (UK) »
 Sorry I am new here, I am looking for anyone interested in the German Swordmakers of Shotley Bridge, as I am descended from John Mole and his wife Alice Mawson. I would like to exchange information on my findings with anyone working on the same family.

Kind regards

Michael

Offline Tom Mole

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 18 December 15 14:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm also descended from John Mohl and Alice Mawson. Their son, Matthew, born in 1790 was my great great great grandfather.

When the sword industry collapsed after the Napoleonic Wars he started up as a potter and ended up working at the famous Maling Pottery on the banks of the Ouseburn River in Newcastle. There's a whole story after that.

Matthew's cousin, Anthony Mole, also went to Newcastle and had better luck, setting up his own tailoring business.

I would be interested to know which of the sons of John and Alice you are descended from. If it's Matthew, then we have a lot in common and I have lots of information to share.

Let me know.

Cheers

Tom

Offline Sammye

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 31 January 16 09:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tom and others,

I was just wondering I've been studying my family tree for sometime. My Grandmother is a Direct decedent to the Moule family (Her Maiden name is Moule). I know that I'm a direct decedent to a William Moule who parents were John Mole/Mohl and Deborah Worby (from Sandon), the same as your Great +++++ Grandfather who was married to Alice Mawson. However I find it confusing because some family trees tell me Deborah Worby died in 1753 if this is true how could she of had John Mole who was born in 1760.

I really want to know if I am connected to the Moll/Mohl from Solingen. I took a DNA Test to see if I had German Roots and it did say I did. :)

If anyone has information to see if William Mole (1753 - 1837), Parents John Mole (1724) and Deborah Worby (1729) is connected to the Moll/Mohl from Solingen I would greatly appreciate it :-)

Offline Patricia_123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 15 March 16 18:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

My husband is descended from John Mole and Alice Mawson via their son George Mole (1792-1845). I know very little about John. Does anyone know where he was baptised or buried?

Regards,

Patricia

Offline Tom Mole

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 03 April 16 22:25 BST (UK) »
Hi everybody. Glad to see I'm not the only Mole interested in looking for our ancestors.

To Sammye: I'll have a dive into the material I have and let you know what I come up with.

To Patricia: The records show that John was baptised in Medomsley church. He was probably buried in the church at Ebchester although I couldn't find a headstone for any Mohl/Mole in the cemetery when I visited last summer (I live in Madrid). Shotley Bridge didn't have a church so they went to Medomsley for births and weddings and Ebchester for burials. I would be interested to know which of John and Alice's children your husband is descended from. Most of the Moles, like my family, went to Newcastle when the swordmaking business collapsed.