Author Topic: Catherine Rochford  (Read 3120 times)

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Catherine Rochford
« on: Wednesday 19 January 11 13:46 GMT (UK) »
Catherine Rochford/t was born in Ireland in 1820.We think in Co Cork. Family we assume Church of Ireland as her Children brought up in that faith.We know nothing about her Rochford family.  She married James Latham who was born  approx 1815 in Co Cork  a school master. Their First child  Margaret born 1841.They go on to have a further 7 children.
Sarah b before 1844,Thomas b 1844,James b1846,Rev William b 1848,Edward b1851,Oliver b1854and Samuel b1857.
As far as we know they  lived at Drimoleague,Corran near Leap,Bandon and Glanworth near Fermoy.A number of her children go to Australia/New Zealand.

Catherine moved to Birkenhead with her daughter Margaret  and son Edward  around 1891 --we assume after the death of her husband .She dies in 1896.

I would love to hear from anyone who has any knowledge of the Rochford family.

Offline jackersaurus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Rochford/t
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 January 11 23:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi, im afraid i cant be of any help but i'm wondering if you know if there is a link between the family you have mentioned and an Emily Rochford who married a William Lyons in 1945 in Wallasey?

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 January 11 07:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jackersaurus
Not that I know, but we know nothing of her line.But we have always wondered why they moved to this part of England  -was it to be near her family.They lived in Rappart rd  Wallasey.Her son Edward was a Customs Officer and dies in 1897 .After the death of her mother and brother her daughter returns to the Cork Area and  marries a Mr Coghan when she is 60. All does not work out and she retuns to Wallasey.At the time of her death in 1919 she was living at 21   Shakespeare rd Wallasey.Again why did she move back --to be near family seems possible .Really would love to know more.
catheyt

Offline jackersaurus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 22 January 11 12:37 GMT (UK) »
sorry i cant help . Im looking in to my grandads family tree but am looking at more recent dates than u! I know my grandads family lived in wallasey and they moved there during the war i have been told! My only reason for asking if u knew more was that i have found a marriage of a William lyons to a Emily Rochford in March 1945. My grandad did marry my grandma in 1954. He moved to london in 1950 i believe and that was where they met! My only reason for looking is because my grandma has recently told me my grandad used to write letter and send money to a woman who had a baby. He told her his reason for this was he felt sorry for her but im a bit more suspicious as he even went on holiday to c her. I do know the woman and her baby moved to North Wales. I dont have any names of this woman or her baby unfortunately so am just looking for a needle in a haystack really! 

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 22 January 11 21:27 GMT (UK) »
happy hunting. Its graet when the jigsaw pieces fall into place.
Catheyt

Offline hannahlee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Catherine Rochford
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 10 December 13 22:54 GMT (UK) »
hi iam to looking for ancestors and descendants of the rochford family that also come from ireland i have a micheal rochford married to mary obrien there children i only know of the following margraret 2/12/1857 martin 13/11/1863 and christopher my partners mother was born in the war in 1945 to a annie rochford her father was in the american airforce so left without knowing he had a daughter so annie brought her daughter up on her own
SCOBEL,SCOBELL,SCOBALL MILLER,AUSTIN, WARD,

JARVIS, HEADIN, WILSON, COCKBURN, THURLEY

MOODIE, MOODY, WARDLAW, DRYELLY, WILSON, BROUN, DRYELIE, HUNTER, DONALD, CORKRAN, STEPHENSON, WILKLE, WALKER, MASON,  MARTIN, SCOT

LUSTY, PIKE, PAYNE, THORNTON, KILBOURN, TOWN, BROWNHEAD, FULLER, INCH, DALBY, KENNARD, KITCHENER, RAE, LAWS, PENNY, WADDELL, SIMPSON, PERCRIAUX, ARMITAGE, BRICKLAND

BENNETT, MASON, ROBERTS, STEPHSON, MITCHELL,OWEN, HARROP, NORTON, HODGSON, HARRINGTON, ALLEN, FAIRBURN,HIRST, ROMA

Offline rochford21

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 06 January 18 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Catherine
Emily rochford was my dads mum.Her marriage to William Lyons was her second marriage.She had 3 girls Eva Ann Ivy and i think she had 6 boys Joseph Thomas Jack William Charles Anthony.Theres not alot i can tell you there is only Ivy and Anthony left.Dad didnt really talk about his childhood.Hope it helps a bit

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 09 January 18 10:32 GMT (UK) »
Oh how interesting. Do hope Jackersarus manages to pick your post up.