Author Topic: PEAREY  (Read 3502 times)

Offline john42

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: PEAREY
« Reply #9 on: Monday 06 May 13 16:24 BST (UK) »
It looks as if Thomas Peary (the shipwright) married Elizabeth Vinton - any relation to Michael's wife?

(sept qtr 1845 Newcastle Upon Tyne 25 306)

Hi Spidermonkey

Doubt if you remember me but we had some exchanges regarding the Pearey family. In one of yours, you inquired whether Thomas Pearey married Elizabeth Vinton: I have prepared a family tree which shows that is the case. Copy of FT attached.
I note that you are based in Herefordshire: I lived there in the late 1960 and then my wife and I from 1842 to 1989.
Apologies for being slow in replying but health problems persist.

Regards

John Everett
E-mail: (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://www.apigintime.net/blog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 06 May 13 21:18 BST (UK) »
Hi John, good to hear from you again although I am sorry to hear that health problems persist.  Still, the beauty of family tree research is that it is a hobby that can be put down and picked up again when time and life allows - it's not as if the relatives are going anywhere!

If you get stuck or need suggestions as to how you can prove info, just remember to give a yell.  There are loads of people here on RC who will happily leap in a give you a hand!

As for Herefordshire, it probably hasn't changed much since you left in 1989!  Still arguing over the need for a bypass and still watching the river flood the rowing club - however it is also still the most beautiful place to live (in my opinion!) so we put up with things!!

Offline Arnside98

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 11 January 21 09:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi John
I see that this is a very old thread. I just wanted to drop you a line to say that I am also a relative of Michael Pearey and Jane Vinton. My maternal grandmother was a Pearey. Let me know if you’re still researching.

All the best
Fiona