Author Topic: St Helier Jones Family Look up  (Read 1743 times)

Offline sarmor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St Helier Jones Family Look up
« on: Thursday 20 January 11 15:39 GMT (UK) »
my ancestors Thomas Jones and Fanny Dustin moved to St Helier, Jersey. Thomas Jones was in the Navy. He was born c1793 in Waterford, Ireland and his wife Fanny born c 1813 in England. They appear on the census returns in Jersey and they also had several children there. Their children are Harriet Jones b 1840 Saltash, Cornwall, Mary Ann Shaw Jones b 1842 St Helier, Amelia Dustin Jones b 1845 St Helier, Thomas Christopher Jones b 1847 St Helier, Thomas Christopher Jones b 1850 Devonport, Devon, and Henrietta Shaw Jones b 1856 St Helier. I have the baptism records for all of them but I haven't been able to find any marriage or burial records for them and wondered if anyone could help me with that. The first Thomas Christopher presumably died before the second one was born. The first child Harriet moved to Jersey with the family too.

I know that Fanny Dustin's relatives had moved to Jersey as well and I know she is related in some way to Cordelia Dustin who married James Turpin but I haven't been able to make the exact connection yet.

Thanks in advance.
Mortimer, Bennett, Hutchings, Warr, Truman, Hiscock, Lamb, Hall, Bratchell, Kirby