Author Topic: benbecula  (Read 3977 times)

Offline kilerevagh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
benbecula
« on: Sunday 23 January 11 18:28 GMT (UK) »
does anyone have any info on the kilerevagh area of benbecula , families who lived there etc

Offline angusm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: benbecula
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 January 11 21:17 GMT (UK) »
Yes, from Iain MacMhuirich/MacPherson who was in Kilerivagh in the mid-1700s to 1900. Is that a relevant period?
Email address is not working

Offline kilerevagh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 January 11 16:23 GMT (UK) »
Yes, from Iain MacMhuirich/MacPherson who was in Kilerivagh in the mid-1700s to 1900. Is that a relevant

Yes Especially interested in the period 1850 - 1900 especially 4 kilerevagh

Offline angusm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 25 January 11 00:01 GMT (UK) »
I have 1 Donald MacKiggan giving way to Alexr Macrury; 2 as roderick Campbell followed by Cathellus; 3 Michael Mor Morrison from 4 Hacklet; but then Donald MacRury at Bridgend and Angus/Roderick MacLean and Donald MacLeod unnumbered. Do any of those hit the spot?

Offline kilerevagh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 25 January 11 16:48 GMT (UK) »
I have 1 Donald MacKiggan giving way to Alexr Macrury; 2 as roderick Campbell followed by Cathellus; 3 Michael Mor Morrison from 4 Hacklet; but then Donald MacRury at Bridgend and Angus/Roderick MacLean and Donald MacLeod unnumbered. Do any of those hit the spot?
yes donald macrury at bridgend is what im after

Offline angusm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 25 January 11 20:52 GMT (UK) »
The family as i have it was Donald MacRury 1856-1913 [s.o. John MacRury & Marion Morrison, Ardchug ex Torlum] = 19.11.1885 Catherine Ferguson [d.o. Fergus Ferguson & Mary MacDonald 7 Hacklet ex Lionacleit]; Mary b. 183 before the couple married d. whooping cough 23.9.1885; John 1886-1916 [d. WW1 as a sailor on the drifter Clover Bank]; Fergus 1888-1948 = Catherine MacDonald [d. as crofter on Grimsay Isle of Benbecula]; Donald 1891; Flora 1892 n/m housekeeper; John Archy 1895-c. 1957 [obtained 1 Hacklet in 1930s]; Mary 1897; Marion 1899-1957 [= Donald MacDonald s.o. Ewen MacDonald 28 Lionacleit, the couple settling at 9 Lionacleit].

One more thing is that, I have not checked but I have a feeling that the cover photo on Ray Burnett's little book called Benbecula was of one of this family, probably John Archy.

Is that enough or did you have something more in your search? If it is not rude to ask, where do you fit in?

Offline Island01

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 01 August 21 16:54 BST (UK) »
Book cover is Alasdair Ruadh MacRury at 1 Kilerivagh, brother of Donald MacRury, Bridgend Kilerivagh.  What further information are you seeking about the latter, may be able to help.