Author Topic: Photos of Moon Street, Liverpool - Pre 1940's  (Read 21402 times)

Offline HarrysGirl2

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Photos of Moon Street, Liverpool - Pre 1940's
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 February 11 12:47 GMT (UK) »
Ahhh nostalgia -  I bet some fun was had in those old pre-war streets.

HG2
Some of my ancestors lived in Sun Street.

Moon Street was eclipsed by sun Street, that was our slogan.
Freeman Freedman Friedman.
Cohen
Rosenburg
From Leeds, Ireland, Liverpool & Lithuania

Welsby
From Lancashire and London.

Offline donna2210

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 February 11 12:50 GMT (UK) »
my dad was born in 48 moon street 1927 my nan & grandads name florence & james evans dont know the the date they moved in but they first rented rooms there off another family who were jewish think the womans name was rasher think her husband died not sure what happened to rasher but my nan had the house&in 1940 mydads youngest brother was born there have aphoto of my nan sitting on the step there with 2 of her grandchildren tried to attach it but couldnt its on my facebook

Offline HarrysGirl2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 22 February 11 12:55 GMT (UK) »
my dad was born in 48 moon street 1927 my nan & grandads name florence & james evans dont know the the date they moved in but they first rented rooms there off another family who were jewish think the womans name was rasher think her husband died not sure what happened to rasher but my nan had the house&in 1940 mydads youngest brother was born there have aphoto of my nan sitting on the step there with 2 of her grandchildren tried to attach it but couldnt its on my facebook

Donna,

I'll PM you my email address.

HG2
Cohen
Rosenburg

Welsby

Offline HarrysGirl2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 22 February 11 13:19 GMT (UK) »
This means my grandfather had moved from 48,Moon St sooner than I thought. He was married & widowed three times & died in 1949. His 3rd wife Rosa died in 1934 & he was married to Rosa for 20 years.  So your grandparents were renting a room from another Jewish family who had moved in to 48 after my grandfather moved out. Our ancestors paths have certainly crossed!

I need to trace where my grandfather moved to after Moon St, as I have one more of my father's siblings to track down. His name was Abraham Freedman on the 1911 census & he was a son of my grandmother's Rebecca nee Cohen. The family lived at 49, Pleasant St in 1911. Abraham was born in Russia & has disappeared after the 1911 census. He is the only link I have to trace my grandmother's roots, so it's important for me to find him.

PS. Don't understand this, because when Rosa died in 1934, her DC gave her address as 48, Moon St.

HR2
Cohen
Rosenburg

Welsby

Offline HarrysGirl2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 22 February 11 18:42 GMT (UK) »

I've been thinking about your grandparents renting a room off a Jewish lady named -Rasher... Could her name have been -Rosah ?

Because my grandfather's 3rd wife Rosa/Rosah died in 1934 & the address on her DC was 48, Moon St, so I think your grandparents rented the room off my grandfather!

HG2
Cohen
Rosenburg

Welsby

Offline HarrysGirl2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 22 February 11 22:45 GMT (UK) »
Rashe or Rasha means Rosa

HG2
Cohen
Rosenburg

Welsby

Offline LOSCHES

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 19 October 12 17:51 BST (UK) »
hopefully you guys still read this as its a long time since this thread was active, my Great Grandparents lived at number 52 moon Street..Joseph and Minne Ellenbogen.

Offline HarrysGirl2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 19 October 12 18:21 BST (UK) »
hopefully you guys still read this as its a long time since this thread was active, my Great Grandparents lived at number 52 moon Street..Joseph and Minne Ellenbogen.

Hi, so if the numbers were even along the street, they would have lived next door but one to my grandfather - Louis Freedman!

I don't suppose you have any photos of the houses in Moon Street ?

HG2
Cohen
Rosenburg

Welsby

Offline LOSCHES

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 19 October 12 18:32 BST (UK) »
unfortunateley not..heres the story My Great Granparents Joseph and Minnie had several children including my Grandfather Samuel, he was in the RASC in ww2 and was demobbed in a Derbyshire Town called Staveley, where he met my Grandmother and stayed until his death in 1988 consequently I have always lived in Derbyshire. Ok so that doesn't explain why i dont have any photographs but I was only 7 when hed died and have no recolection of him ever speaking or even visiting liverpool ever again, my Mum (sams daughter) also never met Joseph and Minnire or any of there other children...

so unfortunatley I know nothing about them and am on here incase someone does :), they were jewish (thankfully Josephs ww1 records survive) came from Russia / Poland, as i think a lot of people in moon street did. Ive emailed a jewish family history expert and even he cannot find any record of them anywhere apart from their kids birth records and when they died, (they are in Rice Lane Cemetery)...wood love to see a picture of their house or of them or even the holy grail of finding out where they came from and why they came here??????