Author Topic: Photos of Moon Street, Liverpool - Pre 1940's  (Read 21365 times)

Offline Janaya

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Photos of Moon Street, Liverpool - Pre 1940's
« Reply #36 on: Monday 25 February 13 22:14 GMT (UK) »
As for solving the mystery of the lady in the photo is there somewhere I can view it? It could be Irene lol.

Offline ilovelassie

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 19 August 13 01:31 BST (UK) »
I have also been hunting for a photo of Moon Street.  I did find a map with a Moon Street on this page [scroll down a titch]:

http://www.liverpool-city-group.com/cgi-bin/liverpooldb.cgi?db=liverpool&uid=default&keyword=moon&view_records=Search

My ancestor -- Eleanor Corlett Caine passed away at 6 Moon Street in 1862. 

Offline TILLYMINT20

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 23 September 18 17:36 BST (UK) »
My nan lived in number 50 moon street in the 1950s when she was a little girl  , her mums name was susie and her grandmothers name was mrs Robbo but they lived  next door to  Joseph Ellenbogen she remembers Joseph Being  very old and could not walk very well she remembers him having a long beard  , jean and dougie brown  were renting a room of Joseph  ellenbogen  jeans maiden name was evans she was the daughter of florance evans and jimmy evans who lived over the road   so this could be the mystery lady or it could actually be my nans mum i would love to see the picture to show my nan as she could give you more information

Offline garkim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 13 July 20 01:54 BST (UK) »
Hi

My direct ancestor Sophia Cohen (married names Grower and Unger) has 23 Moon Street listed on her death certificate.  I notice that harrys girl 2 is also researching Cohen's and I wonder if there is a connection.

Garry Wylie

Offline garkim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 13 July 20 03:38 BST (UK) »
Moon street and sun street were between Elizabeth street and Crown street  in Liverpool, near the Royal infirmary and the University of Liverpool.  They can be seen in the upper right hand side on this map https://maps.nls.uk/view/126523139 .

Offline sightsofliverpool

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 16 August 20 09:15 BST (UK) »
Hi, I don't have any photos sadly, how did you get on with your search at the library?

My ancestors lived in 48 Moon Street in 1891, he was a seaman - McQuillan/McQuillin

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday 12 October 20 12:38 BST (UK) »
HarrysGirl2
Just seen this posting.  As a matter of interest in 1901 Joseph Mazorkoff and family lived at number 36 Moon Street.

TILLYMINT20
Don't know if this a coincidence, but I have an Gertrude Ellenbogen married to Abraham Mazorkoff(his 2nd. marriage) in 1924.  Abraham lived at 36 Moon Street at one time.

Steve62
Boaler/Bowler/Boler - UK/Canada/USA/Australia
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
Kapatofsky - Russia/Uk/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline andyshaw

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 28 October 20 16:39 GMT (UK) »
Message for Harrysgirl2 .
Hi  just come across this forum and noticed that surnames you are researching are ones that match with my Ancestry DNA connected surnames (Freidman/Freedman/Cohen/Rosenberg). You mention number 48 where your family lived. My Great grandparents lived at number 52. My Great grandfather was Morris Rosofsky, and his parents were Israel and Minnie. However, after my great grandfather's marriage I can't find any information on him. The only person I found was a Morris Cohen in the 1939 census, married to a Fanny Cohen but above his surname was written "ROSOFSKY" so I'm wondering if that was actually their family name.

Anyone with any information on this family who lived on Moon Street please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.

Offline TJoned

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Thursday 16 November 23 09:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am looking for any information about my grandparents who lived in Moon Street between 1940 to 1960. My grandfathers name was Tom Jones and he had four daughters Nora, Margaret, Suzie and Pauline. Margaret was my mother, I was only a baby when we moved away but do vaguely remember as a child going back with my mum to visit friends she had there.
Appreciate any help you can give.