Author Topic: Grave look up please - Hull Western Cemetery (COMPLETED)  (Read 22695 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Grave look up please - Hull Western Cemetery
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 31 March 11 12:17 BST (UK) »
I waded through the mud and dog mess too Ian and found nothing :-\...Even the toilets were locked due to vandalism  >:(
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Essenchill

• RootsChat Member
  • Unknown subject from family photographs
    • View Profile
Re: Grave look up please - Hull Western Cemetery
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 31 March 11 14:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks to both of you for having a look, greatly appreciated.
MATSON - Hull, Yorkshire as starting point
HOWLETT - Hull, Yorkshire as starting point
HILTON - Hull, Yorkshire as starting point
KIRMAN - Hull, Yorkshire as a starting point
PURDON - Hull, Yorkshire as a starting point

Offline ForGranny

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Grave look up please - Hull Western Cemetery (COMPLETED)
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 08 February 17 10:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol,

This thread came up in a desperate search on Google, I'm wondering if you can help me.
I am writing from Australia, my Grandma passed away recently and her wish was to be cremated and her ashes scattered with her father who passed away when she was only 12. Due to this being nearly 70 years ago she had no idea where he was buried. I was able to locate the grave by speaking to the local council and got this information:

Stanley Thomas Boyce
Date of Death: 13/09/1948

Western Cemetery (Public Grave) Grave 52179 Compartment 541

My family are hoping to honour her wishes but were told they might not be able to specifically locate his grave with the information they have. I was wondering if you knew if this grave was discoverable, or if there is a headstone?
I would be eternally grateful for any information you have. My family are from Staffordshire so it's a bit of a drive to come and check things out- I'm hoping to give them more information before they come up.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!
Louise

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 09 February 17 08:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Louise...I have looked in the books that I have and can't see an inscription, but as he is in a public grave I don't think there will be a headstone.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline gogogadgetlegs

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 03 June 17 14:20 BST (UK) »
Hi, Don't know if this Thomas Matson is yours but this is also from Western Cemetery
Ann wife of Thomas Matson, Mariner died 29th nov 1869 aged 61yrs 8), also Mary Matson, 2nd wife of the above died 26th April 1877 aged 58yrs. Also Thomas Matson who died 07 Dec 1886 aged 75yrs
Burial record 04 Dec 1869 Ann Matson, 16, Vauxhall Gr, Hessle Road, 61yrs, Cancer
  "        "       30 Apr 1877 Mary Matson 6, Marmaduke St Aged 58yrs
  "        "       11 Dec 1886 Thomas Matson Mariner/Boatman, 13, Marmaduke St aged 75yrs, Pleuro-pneumonia.

Best,
gogogadgetlegs
Lincolnshire,   Andrew/s Jenkinson, 
Yorkshire,   Andrew/s, Watson, Norris, Simpson, Binnington, Willingham, Theakston, Kingdom, Brown, Fewson, Croforth, Boynton/Bointon, Jenkinson, Crawford/Croforth, Hessey, Harper, Mann, Worledge, Flatman.
Kent, Kingdom, Cosham,
Norfolk,   Worlidge, Flatman, Alden, West, Kett, Gathercole. Starkey
Suffolk,   Wallage, Worledge, Starkey
Nth Battleford, Canada, Worledge, Flatman
Devon, Kingdom, Sparkes Morrish, Rumley, Westcott, Pleace
o
Census Info Crown Copyrig

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 03 June 17 14:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Louise

Were you able to scatter the ashes?

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Josh Swann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 25 September 17 08:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol

I am new to this rootschat website and have read through all of the links you have had trying to help with people's request. Unfortunately I have joined because I'm at a loss with my search and would be very grateful if you could help. My ancestor Joseph hargreaves was buried in western cemetery as i have the newspaper clipping. Died on Christmas day 1931 but wasn't buried till the 28th. His wife Jane Ann died in February 1947 around the 27th. It doesn't mention that she was buried there but he was deffintly there. If you could point me in the right direction of be truly grateful.

Regards

Offline gogogadgetlegs

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 25 September 17 13:17 BST (UK) »

Both people buried in the same grave, as follows,
In loving memory of/JOSEPH /the beloved husband of JANE ANN HARGREAVES/died 25th Dec 1931 aged 77yrs/Peace perfect peace/Also JANE ANN beloved wife of the above/died 25th Feb 1947 aged 88yrs/Reunited.
Burial Record 1931 30th Dec Joseph Hargreaves, Pensioner, 5 Ash Grove, Linnaeus Street, 77yrs Senile decay.
01st Mar 1847, Jane Ann Hargreaves, widow, 46, Greek Street, 88yrs
I hope I have not trod on any toes with this information?
There are more records in this cemetery for a Beaumont Hargreaves & Alice Maud and family as well.
gogogadgetlegs

Lincolnshire,   Andrew/s Jenkinson, 
Yorkshire,   Andrew/s, Watson, Norris, Simpson, Binnington, Willingham, Theakston, Kingdom, Brown, Fewson, Croforth, Boynton/Bointon, Jenkinson, Crawford/Croforth, Hessey, Harper, Mann, Worledge, Flatman.
Kent, Kingdom, Cosham,
Norfolk,   Worlidge, Flatman, Alden, West, Kett, Gathercole. Starkey
Suffolk,   Wallage, Worledge, Starkey
Nth Battleford, Canada, Worledge, Flatman
Devon, Kingdom, Sparkes Morrish, Rumley, Westcott, Pleace
o
Census Info Crown Copyrig

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 25 September 17 13:27 BST (UK) »