Author Topic: Pen ddol or Pen y ddol, Trevor Uchaf  (Read 6897 times)

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
Re: Pen ddol or Pen y ddol, Trevor Uchaf
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 27 January 11 13:00 GMT (UK) »
As Edward Williams was at Pen y Ddol in 1841 , there`s a good chance he will be listed on the Tithe maps as an occupier of a `plot`.
 If you are able to get to Ruthin records office, Llangollen Tithe maps will be there.
http://www.denbighshire.gov.uk/en-gb/DNAP-75QJXJ
You can see exactly where he was living. There won`t be any other names apart from the `tenant ` and the land owner.
I can see he was a weaver.
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline cathnl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 27 January 11 15:47 GMT (UK) »
Wilcoxon
Many thanks for the tip.  I shall bear it in mind.  I live abroad, so research on the ground is sporadic!

"My" Edward Williams is a labourer, later rockman.  In 1841 he might be the agric labourer living with Robert as household head - it is the only Robert/Edward combination that Gadget and I could find with Edward at the right age.  (I have his father's name from the m/c). But the evidence for it being the right Edward is thin.  That is why I am trying to see if the Pen ddol address could prove a link...

Offline switcha

• RootsChat Extra
  • GedMatch - A200830, A387775, A663159.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 13 February 21 11:52 GMT (UK) »
Its a few years since the last communication on this post, but I appreciate the information you all have provided. Sarah Jones, nee Roberts, the lady mentioned with the Trevor Arms pub is my 4th Great Grandmother. the link to her Will provided is invaluable, so thank you very much for your conversation as it has helped me alot.
Price, Bennett, Curtain, Connors, Dwyer, Ryan
Grenfell, Butchers, Craig, Govan
GedMatch  - A200830, A387775, A663159.