Author Topic: Griffith family in Carlow  (Read 45738 times)

Offline mobird

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Griffith family in Carlow
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 10 May 16 06:55 BST (UK) »
interesting !! my Father was a James Little, born in Ballyloo House in Jan 1913 Anna , Robert,s  Wife was down as being an Aunt at the birth , have been trying to trace which James Little was his Father , and Mother was listed as a Patricia Little nee Henley have not been able to find any trace of her either in Ireland or U K , we think he was born out of wedlock despite the birth cert , which we found in hospital records in Carlow when we were over there about 15 years ago , dad at some stage went to U K in his child hood, We have had a lot of help from Myra Bradley she has been amazing but in the end was as stumped as we have been she has been living in Ballyloo House for some years , but have not heard from her for a long time now so perhaps she no longer is alive ?? What a shame Robert and Anna ,s children did not have any children , We have traced a lot of the Little,s they were surprising well to do for that time in Ireland and the farming ( C of I ) families all seemed to inter Marry, Any information you might come across would be wonderfull !!!!! I am Maureen Bird nee Little.

Offline Ross Hopkins

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 26 December 18 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello all,

My interest in the Griffith Family is somewhat limited but I saw the posting about Margaret Griffith who died in 1926 and left some money to Annie Hopkins, wo of Nicholas Hopkins.   Annie Hopkins was the daughter of Margaret (nee Collier) wo of William Griffith

"annie " Griffith was actually baptised as Sarah Anne Griffith in 1894

Offline Number 19

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 03 June 19 03:31 BST (UK) »
I'm new to this site, and am a yank.  So pls forgive any mis-steps.  But am quite taken by this post, as I am researching a difficult ancestor: Joshua Edwards.  I know he was in North Carolina in the 1770s.  I know he married a woman named Rebecca (possibly Ward), and had 10 children between 1755 and 1778 - all presumably in the Colonies.  Beyond that I know nothing at all of his possible origin or family.

If he emigrated to this side of the pond, either alone or with his family, any suggestions on how I might determine when and to where?  I will search ISTG, although their records are spotty.  Does anyone on this site know this family?  If so, would be glad to supply all available info from this end to see if we link.

TIA,
Landon Edwards in Virginia