Author Topic: Murdo Mckinnon married to Mary Mcsween possibly Duirinish, Invernessshire  (Read 1690 times)

Offline ashtom

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am trying to trace any details of Murdo Mckinnon and Mary Mcsween, possibly Duirinish, Invernessshire.  Known children are Roderick 1819 - 1856, Dugald 1827 - 1864, Peter 1828 - 1865 and John born 1834.  I am looking for any details on birth, death, siblings, parents for Murdo and Mary who I think both died before 1864.  These are my 4th Great Grandparents. I will be grateful for any help! 
Mckinnon/Campbell/Smith/Lewis/Guthrie Scotland

Offline anythingwithjimbo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Murdo Mckinnon married to Mary Mcsween possibly Duirinish, Invernessshire
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 February 22 00:43 GMT (UK) »
I think you may be looking for Murdoch McKinnon born 1836 sorry I have no death date. If its the same his parents were
John McKinnon 1786-1857
Mary Robertson 1789-????
He would have several siblings one of which is my 3rd ggfather
Roderick McKinnon 1819-1906. They were from Sleat on the Isle of Skye. They may have moved to Harris at some stage.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Murdo Mckinnon married to Mary Mcsween possibly Duirinish, Invernessshire
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 February 22 12:05 GMT (UK) »
For the avoidance of possible confusion, here is another place called Duirinish in Lochalsh, Ross and Cromarty https://www.geograph.org.uk/gridref/NG7831
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.