Author Topic: Trying to trace my cousin R Hoare  (Read 2563 times)

Offline dave6023

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Trying to trace my cousin R Hoare
« on: Sunday 30 January 11 17:27 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to track down my cousin and his wife and/or their descendants.
R is the son of Albert Amos Hoare & Lou Ellen Scott. He married (*) in 1965. They emigrated to Canada in the late '60's or early '70's.
Any help or information would be most welcome.

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
Hoare, Cook, Stuart, Bierton

Offline chinakay

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Our housegoof
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to trace my cousin R Hoare
« Reply #1 on: Monday 31 January 11 04:46 GMT (UK) »
Well, there are several listings for R. Hoare in the Canadian online phone book, but no R's

However you might try this one:

Hoare R & P

http://www.canada411.ca/search/si/3/richard%2Bhoare/Canada

Cheers,
China
Moore/Paterson~Montreal
Moore/Addison~New Brunswick
Jubb/Kerr~Mirfield~Halifax~Moffatt
Williams~Dolwyddelan

King~Bedfordshire~Hull
Jenkins~Somerset
Sellers~Hull

Offline dave6023

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 January 11 07:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi China

Thanks for your reply.

I had found that listing in the online phone book. Unfortunately it is not my cousin.

Regards
Dave
Hoare, Cook, Stuart, Bierton

Offline vbain

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 04 February 11 16:39 GMT (UK) »
You might try
http://www.islandnet.com/ocfa/search.php?page=7&surname=hoare
Ontario cemetery finding aid. Lots of Hoare names, and Lots for forenames begin with R!

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 26 July 21 15:04 BST (UK) »
(I have just been poking around RootsChat for Hoare (Cornwall/Devon in my case) posts and ran across this one. Since I'm in Canada, I thought I'd give it a go. It was a search for Albert Amos Hoare that popped it up -- fortunately, since these items are usually not available online after 15 years. I know it is not recent, and the query is a decade old, but I am posting it in case Dave is still receiving notifications and has not heard the sad news about his cousin, who died five years before Dave's query here.)

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/vancouversun/obituary.aspx?n=richard-stuart-hoare-rick&pid=18206871

There are 29! remembrance submissions by friends and family that speak volumes about the man, and some might provide info by which the people could be contacted. Richard had no children, but did have extended family, and seems to have been a friend to everyone. :)

(I've sent some more specific info to Dave privately, since I see he's been at Rootschat this year.)
HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?

Offline Brentor boy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 26 July 21 16:16 BST (UK) »
Do you have any idea in which part of the country they may have settled? I made contact with similarly long lost relations in New Zealand  by inserting an appeal in a regional newspaper.
 Include any personal information (occupation, interests and hobbies) that might attract attention and trigger memories, whilst respecting their right to privacy.
Even if they, or their family do not see it, someone else might and pass the message on, which is what happened  in my case.

Offline Brentor boy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 26 July 21 17:08 BST (UK) »
Another idea.
You might want to explore the services of the Salvation Army Family Tracing Service.

You will need to recognise that your cousin, or his family, may not want to have any contact with you.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 26 July 21 18:40 BST (UK) »
(I have just been poking around RootsChat for Hoare (Cornwall/Devon in my case) posts and ran across this one. Since I'm in Canada, I thought I'd give it a go. It was a search for Albert Amos Hoare that popped it up -- fortunately, since these items are usually not available online after 15 years. I know it is not recent, and the query is a decade old, but I am posting it in case Dave is still receiving notifications and has not heard the sad news about his cousin, who died five years before Dave's query here.)

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/vancouversun/obituary.aspx?n=richard-stuart-hoare-rick&pid=18206871

There are 29! remembrance submissions by friends and family that speak volumes about the man, and some might provide info by which the people could be contacted. Richard had no children, but did have extended family, and seems to have been a friend to everyone. :)

(I've sent some more specific info to Dave privately, since I see he's been at Rootschat this year.)

Its great to see old threads picked up and nice to see the gentleman was found.  Sad though it is to see Richard Stuart had passed away.

https://www.bclaws.gov.bc.ca/civix/document/id/bcgaz1/bcgaz1/1208414740

Richard Stuart Hoare, deceased, formerly of (*), Coquitlam, BC, are required to send full particulars of such claims to the undersigned executrix at (*), on or before the 29th day of September 2006, after which date the estate's assets will be distributed, having regard only to the claims that have been received. — (*)

Sandra

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 27 July 21 05:07 BST (UK) »
Sandra, I think that's the executor's business address; she has since retired. I had already sent Dave her current contact info.

Bentor Boy, perhaps you did not read my post. Dave's cousin had unfortunately died in 2006, and I have provided him with information about family members and contact details for a close individual at the time of his death.
HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?