Author Topic: Beryl Kearley / Audrain  (Read 2331 times)

Offline genealogistsykes

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Beryl Kearley / Audrain
« on: Tuesday 01 February 11 16:20 GMT (UK) »
Looking for:

Beryl Kearley. We seem to think that Beryl Kearley was illegitimate and was born around the 1920's. The mother of Beryl is Adeline Kearley and we think that Peter Audrain adopted Beryl into the family when marrying Adeline Kearley around 1928. From a living source i have been told that she mostly lived in Wales.

I have not found anything on her yet but i have found a Beryl C. D. Kerley born in Poole in 1929, mothers madein name Kerley.

Please could someone help me as i am stuck on this person

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Beryl Kearley / Audrain
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 February 11 16:38 GMT (UK) »
Is there any chance she is still alive? If so we can't post any details here. To find details of her parents, or at least her mother's identity, you'll have to order the birth certificate.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 02 February 11 12:59 GMT (UK) »
There are no Kerley/Kearley & Audrain entries in England & Wales marriages and there doesn't appear to be an officical adoption in England & Wales of a Beryl Audrain between 1927 and 1946.

'Adelaide' Kearley married in 1932 not to Mr Audrain though, and she may have been married before in 1923. This lady died in 1978.

There is an 'Adeline' Kearley on the 1911 census in Guernsey.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 February 11 13:34 GMT (UK) »
What could be significant are the following;The marriage of a John H Prouse in Manchester in 1949 to given as either a Beryl A Audrain or "Kerry".There is also the marriage of a Beryl A Prouse to a Wilson at Holywell North Wales in 1969(Wilson name not showing)Finally there is the death of a Beryl Adeline Wilson given in the Delyn District of "Clwyd" North Wales in November 1993 whose birthdate is showing as 17/05/1922.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 02 February 11 13:50 GMT (UK) »
This is the only Birth I can come up with which fits with the death details of Beryl Adeline Wilson.It is of an Ada A Kerley given in the Dorchester District of Wiltshire in the Apr/May/Jun quarter of 1922.Volume 5a,Page 538.The mother's maiden name is given as Kerley.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline genealogistsykes

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 02 February 11 18:06 GMT (UK) »
We seem to think that Adeline Kearley married Peter Audrain either in the Channel Islands because of the entry of the record on the Jersey Archives it saus French by marriage and it could indicate that Peter and Adeline were married in the Channel Islands. He may of been over in Jersey as a mariner or similar and then went over to france to get married or something like that.

I think the 1922 birth is correct as the living source says that she was a couple of years older than his mother who is now dead: Joan Elizabeth Audrain b. 1926 to Adeline Kearley and Peter Audrain. I think the marriafe of 1923 is correct for Adeline as the source seems to think that Beryl was an illegitimate child.

The Adeline Kearley on the 1911 census for Guernsey i her with her parents.

Offline sgillibrand

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 07 August 14 13:29 BST (UK) »
My uncle, Peter Audrain was evacuated from Jersey during WW2, I think with brother Maurice and possibly a sister (I can check this with my mum as she lived a few doors away from them in Fallowfield/Burnage/Withington area of Manchester). Peter married my mum's sister Frances and they emigrated to Toronto, Canada.  If you think this is relevant info for your search, I can tell you more and find out more. Sally