Author Topic: *COMPLETED* Baptism of John and James YOUDE in Stockport  (Read 1166 times)

Offline mathmsh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
*COMPLETED* Baptism of John and James YOUDE in Stockport
« on: Thursday 03 February 11 02:46 GMT (UK) »
Is any able to find the baptisms of John and James YOUDE born in Stockport to Hannah YOUDE around 1837? Their births are not registered on the GRO. They are not on the IGI though their sister Susannah is and was baptised at St Marys in 1832.

Thanks

Mark

Offline JDGen

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism of John and James YOUDE in Stockport
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 February 11 12:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mark,

I notice that Susannah was baptised as UDE - I have YOUD in my tree and it's the first time I've seen that spelling!

I assume that you already have the 1841 census from the information you have given (if not I can post). 

The only connected reference I could find is the birth of Elizabeth (aged 2 on the 1841 census) - it is on www.cheshirebmd.org.uk in 1839, mothers maiden name YOUD.

Jean
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

CHS: Barber(Tabley) Barlow(Antrobus) Blackshaw(Lymm, Mobberley) Blease/Done/Moore(G Bud) Owen(Netherton, Tabley) Spragg/Witter(Goostrey) Youd(Frodsham) Pennell Bankes Birchall Beckett
DBY: Higginbottom(Mellor)
HRT: Gurney
HRT/BED/ESS: Verney (Markyate St)
LAN: Davenport(Bolton) Schofield/Gurney(Oldham) Lord(Heap) Quinn(Manchester) Sutcliffe(Rossendale)
NTH: Tubb/Johnson(Hellidon)Brown(Kettering)
YKS: Scott(Clapham)

Offline mathmsh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
*COMPLETED* Re: Baptism of John and James YOUDE in Stockport
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 February 11 21:47 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jean.

I already have that info. In fact Elizabeth is the main focus for me (she is my wife's second great grandmother). We have her birth and marriage certificates. I have traced the entire family to their deaths, The only piece of information missing is the births of John and James.

Their surnames vary from UDE to YOUD to BONDE(!) to YOUDE.

Thanks again

Mark