Author Topic: Joseph PAVITT/PAVORD  (Read 11145 times)

Offline Bev campbell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph PAVITT/PAVORD
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 22 April 18 11:53 BST (UK) »
Christopher.
thanks for the quick reply see what I can get out of ancestry
regards, Bev

Offline christopherchi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 22 April 18 15:06 BST (UK) »
FYI Fred informed me yesterday that he and his sibs and uncle all show a significant autosomal DNA connection to an individual (surname: Lancaster) known to be a descendant of the Pavard/Pavord line -- so there are increasingly good odds that the Paffords are cousins of yours.  My own atDNA connection to the Lancaster results is very slim, and doesn't really prove anything one way or the other.  But in Fred's case it does very strongly suggest that we have been on the right track in connecting him to the line of Thomas & Jane (Woods) Pavord, Thomas being a son of Joseph & first wife Grace (Matthews) Pavord (a widowed Joseph later married Mary Langdon in 1822, whom I was trying to trace last night; she may -- uncertain -- have been born Mary Neville, who it appears may have married an older man, George Langdon, and been widowed in 1820; again, this is not yet proven).

I am working on Joseph's parentage -- I know that somewhere back down this thread he was connected as a son, by John Pavord (jmpav) I think, of a couple John & Elizabeth (another genealogist shows their surname as "Parford") out of West Stafford, but I am a bit puzzled because a different, seemingly logical candidate pair exists right in Barwick -- adjoining Stoford, where Joseph (according to two censuses) was born in about 1772.  They are John and Martha (Langdon) Pavard, m. 1762 at St. Mary Magdalene in Barwick.  This is the same church where Grace's burial is recorded in 1821; I also note the connection to the Langdon family in the marriages of two generations.

If anyone has and can share any _solid source information_ that points in either direction for Joseph's parentage, I hope they'll post here!  I am logging this line on WikiTree, individual profile by individual profile, and do not want to show either couple as parents until and unless I can cite reasonable sources (preferably, sources that can either be found online, or shared in a free public venue... as someone who like many other amateur genealogists works on an incredibly limited budget, I often cannot access material on ancestry.com that requires a paid membership).  As it stands now I would have just barely enough sourced info to log John & Martha as the parents, but with reservations and with the notation that the connection is speculative.

Offline christopherchi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 22 April 18 15:23 BST (UK) »
Whoops, one correction: John & Martha were m. at Barwick in 1763, not 1762.

Offline Pav1949

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 02 July 20 07:21 BST (UK) »
Hi my name is Don Pavitt from Mollymook Beach NSW Australia. Iím a direct ascendant of John Pavitt and Ann Child of Bradford Abbas Dorset. Their sons Jonas (used also Alfred John) and my GGG grandfather Simeon were born in the 1820ís. The surname of Pavord and Peartt as well as Pavett, Paverd and Patriot were used in different census, births deaths and marriages...these surnames were linked. I noticed that my descendants in census 1841 Bradford Abbas lived next door to teenagers by the name of David and George Pavord born Nether Compton they possibly maybe linked to the family in Barwick Somerset as Elizabeth passed away in 1837 and her children were separated. William Anstice was residing with his Grandparents in the 1841 census. Iím also wishing to link Joseph Pavitt/Pavord with my descendants..any help would be appreciated.  cheers

Offline Pav1949

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 05 July 20 08:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Don Pavitt from New South Wales Australia ..looking for information on Pavitt family 1800 from Bradford Abbas Dorset and Sherborne Somerset Area. Trying to link families from both areas could be under name of Pavitt or Pavord and also come from Nether Compton. Any help would be appreciated