Author Topic: Bell Rock Lighthouse ..Arbroath .. Stevenson Family COMPLETED THANK YOU  (Read 2974 times)

Offline HeatherConnie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bell Rock Lighthouse ..Arbroath .. Stevenson Family COMPLETED THANK YOU
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 13 May 21 19:45 BST (UK) »
I think the one you mean was part of a BBC series "Seven Wonders of the Industrial World." Hard to find on video, but it's also available as a book.
Adam, Allan, Anderson, Barrett, Berry, Blues, Booth, Brodie, Brough, Bruce, Bullions, Butchart, Caithness, Cameron, Cargill, Cochrane, Craig, Doig, Black, Falconer, Fotheringham, Gavine, Gray, Lilburn, Lynn, Martin, McBay, McDonald, McKechnie, Melville, Menzies, Moir, Mudie, Murray, Myles, Pike, Proudfoot, Roberts, Rollo, Roy, Rutherford, Sandiman, Scott, Stephen, Stewart, Taylor, Thornton, Whyte.

Offline hdw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bell Rock Lighthouse ..Arbroath .. Stevenson Family COMPLETED
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 May 21 21:03 BST (UK) »

My great grand mother was Rose Barbara Jane Spink born 09.09.1853.  She was the dauighter of David Spink (1820 - 1886) and Margaret Williamson Spink ( 1819 - 1909 ..nee Grant) who emigrated to New Zealand in 1874. 

David Spink was a light keeper on the Bell Rock from  January 1850 for 5 years 7 months.

I know of those websites that you mention.

Alex G

I dare say you will have traced your ancestry further back, but it looks to me as if your David Spink born in 1820 was the David born in that year in Arbroath to William Spink and Margaret Turnbull, who were married in 1807.
William Spink, "Seaman, Northern Light house Service", died in 1857 aged 75 and was the son of James Spink, fisherman and pilot, and Helen Smith.
A lot of the Auchmithie fishermen were also pilots.
Harry