Author Topic: Looking for cummins/cummings  (Read 12265 times)

Offline AussieAlly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for cummins/cummings
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 24 November 11 01:31 GMT (UK) »
hi there is this the man you are looking for

http://www.megalong.cc/Ambermere/william_cummings__of_bathurst.htm

ship  Prince Regent on the 15th July 1824 .He was one of 180 male convicts who had boarded at Cork.   William was a labour/shepherd  born in Kilkenny County.  At the age of 17 he was dragged from his parents home as a result of breaking a curfew and branded a convict rebel by the British Government.   William Cummins was born to Keiran Cummings and Elizabeth Shelly in 1804. His family had lived in Kilkenny for over 300 years. He was found guilty and sentenced to seven years transportation.  He gained an early ticket of Leave on the 15th July 1829, by a Government Order of 1st January 1827.  He was restricted to the locality of Parramatta.   In 1828  he was recorded as part of an iron gang  at  Baulkham Hills.

I just found out he is a descendant of mine not sure how many great great it is but when i saw this i saw some things that were the same and i was wondering if he was yours then we could be family xxx

Offline Marli

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 24 November 11 03:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Aussieally, Yes this is the guy. I have everything I need to research the Irish side but have had no luck cracking the Area before his birth. whooo Hooo rellies eh? So which branch do you come down on? I am from K.C.A. Cummings line.
My e-mail is *

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses. Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline AussieAlly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 24 November 11 23:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Aussieally, Yes this is the guy. I have everything I need to research the Irish side but have had no luck cracking the Area before his birth. whooo Hooo rellies eh? So which branch do you come down on? I am from K.C.A. Cummings line.
My e-mail is *

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses. Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
I am to from the KCA Cummings line
KA Cummings was my gr grandfather my Grandma was his  legitimate child he was not able to marry her because of social status she was a maid and they apparently fell in love but the family would not allow them to marry, He went on to write to her until her 21st or when she got married can not quite remember if it was one or the other or both.  My great Grandma was Sarah Ann Dole

I know back to William Cummings and that is where it stops when he got transported to Australia There was a lady called Aunty Rhoda but i am not sure where she fitted it but she use to look after my Aunty Elsie from time to time.
It would be lovely if i was able to send my email address to you if possible just to keep a little communication open. It would be so great if we could. It would mean a lot to me do you mind. xxx

Offline millflower

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 03 September 14 18:32 BST (UK) »
My e-mail is *

I am to from the KCA Cummings line
KA Cummings was my gr grandfather my Grandma was his  legitimate child he was not able to marry her because of social status she was a maid and they apparently fell in love but the family would not allow them to marry, He went on to write to her until her 21st or when she got married can not quite remember if it was one or the other or both.  My great Grandma was Sarah Ann Dole

I know back to William Cummings and that is where it stops when he got transported to Australia There was a lady called Aunty Rhoda but i am not sure where she fitted it but she use to look after my Aunty Elsie from time to time.
It would be lovely if i was able to send my email address to you if possible just to keep a little communication open. It would be so great if we could. It would mean a lot to me do you mind. xxx

Sarah Ann Dole was the daughter of my 4th great uncle Joseph Dole of Somers Town, London. Born in 1822 Joe was transported to Tasmania in 1836 for the theft of a sheet valued at 2/6d - he was 13 years old and had been turned in by his own father! He survived to marry three times and died in Parramatta in 1890. Sarah Ann's mother was Louisa Lewis who was born in Murrumbidgee in 1863. Any news of Sarah Ann's family would be appreciated - the Dole family is alive and well in the UK.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 15 September 14 16:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Millflower,

I am very sorry but Marli's emails are no longer working  :'( I have googled the information she gave on registering but sadly I was not able to find a way to contact her.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline clonagh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 07 January 18 17:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi saw a Cummins married to a Shiel in Mountrath RC parish.  Cummins mountrath were Police and !moved to Rahan Offaly.  generations later a mary Anne Cummins returned to Ballyfin.
Anne