Author Topic: Can anyone help me fix this Photo?  (Read 13439 times)

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone help me fix this Photo?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 19 April 05 23:57 BST (UK) »
Great job kenhar,
      Well If we take poetic license, I'll take it one step further. :D

deadants
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 20 April 05 00:07 BST (UK) »
do you know where i could get paint shop pro 9 from? 

Hi Ira,
     You can check PSP 9 here http://tinyurl.com/9svhb you should be able to download a demo, but if you haven't got broadband, I find most of the company's will mail you a demo for a nominal cost. One word of warning though once  you get started in digital graphics, it's hard to stop ;)

deadants
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)

Offline Iria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 20 April 05 00:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Deadants

I think its Brilliant what you have done to my Photo..I will have a Look at Paint shop Pro download Later..its getting late here in Liverpool..Many Thanks again For all Your Help You all do a Brilliant Job on here

Regards

Iria
Harold Liverpool and Warwickshire
Slater Liverpool
 Murray Liverpool
Garner  Liverpool
Lister/Lester Liverpool and Cambridgeshire
Norris Liverpool and Ireland

Census Information is Crown Copyright From:
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline uk2003

• --
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 21 April 05 14:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Folks

deadant -

It just gets better this restoration lark the colour has added a new dimension to the picture, to me this photo was more mess than picture, so I just took the important bits and stuck them together. The man must have had shoulders and not just a head & neck hanging in the air  ;D so to add shoulders was a natural thing to do (I think) the poetic license came in around the heads in hair style. Again this photo has taken me a bit further around the learning curve.

Iria -

It is right what deadants says " One word of warning though once  you get started in digital graphics, it's hard to stop ".  I should be out looking for a job and not playing with graphics software, so my wife says anyway.

Regards
Ken

Harris - Millington - Hilton - Capper - Smith - Jones

Offline Iria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 21 April 05 14:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Ken

Many thanx to Yourself and Deadants For Fixing my Photo..It was a bit of a mess but sadly the only one i have

And i Do agree with You both it is addictive.. I downloaded Myself the Trail Version of Paint Shop Pro 9 (60 day Trail ) But its going to be Expensive when the Trial Runs Out  :-[ )

Also i Got myself a Graphics Tablet From Argos for £29.00  ;)

So hopefully i will get the hang of it and be able to have a go to

Regards

Iria
Harold Liverpool and Warwickshire
Slater Liverpool
 Murray Liverpool
Garner  Liverpool
Lister/Lester Liverpool and Cambridgeshire
Norris Liverpool and Ireland

Census Information is Crown Copyright From:
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline M.T.H

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 21 April 05 14:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Iria,

Just a thought, but it seems that there is a third person in your photo,standing between your Grandparents.It looks to me like your Grandfather has his left arm around their shoulders,you can just about see the person in the middle,then again,I might be seeing things :-\

Regards,Mick ;)
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

British Military History

Offline uk2003

• --
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 21 April 05 16:59 BST (UK) »
Mick

Been trying to figure out that image myself. I have tried to take in all the information around it like

1/ The lady is leaning on the mystery object, look down her right side, her arm has cast a shadow over the object. A bit further down her dress is creased indicating she is pressing or even part sitting on something. From just above the crease to the floor it is nearly a straight line (light/dark) may indicate a table/plinth

2/ The light object in the middle at the top looks like on very close inspection like something Beatrix Potter would have created, it has an eye with shading around it, a nose "could be a pig or a mouse??" to me it is a head and it is wearing a rain hat, and I think it has crossed hands in front.

3/ The man I think is sat on the ledge/table and leaning off it (maybe leaning on his right arm for support) giving impression of leaning.

In conclusion my dear Watson  ;D
I think both people are sat on a ledge/table or something higher than a chair, and the thing in the middle is a large stuffed Beatrix Potter type character.  ;) photo may have been taken at a travelling show or fair that might be the reason for the lack of anything in the background (painted canvas wall)

But as we will never know it sounds good.

deadants now thats poetic license  ;D  ;D

Regards
Ken

Harris - Millington - Hilton - Capper - Smith - Jones

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 21 April 05 23:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Mick, kenhar and Ira,

I looked long and hard at the area you are referring too and I came to the conclusion it was a window with curtains. Although I could be wrong, but the main people are Ira’s grandparents, so I guess we are lucky we could rescue albeit only a little bit but it is something at least. I think we would only be speculating on a third person theory.  It makes for a good talking point. Is there a third person? Who is the mysterious third person?  ???

deadants

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 21 April 05 23:42 BST (UK) »
You will laugh now, but my first impression was that the object in the middle was a horse.  :-\
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.