Author Topic: CEMETERIES,Hawick Rox.  (Read 52995 times)

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: CEMETERIES,Hawick Rox.
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 30 December 09 02:32 GMT (UK) »
I have just now looked on my own family research and find :
Agnes Crozier born c-1866 married 1890 in Hawick,Rox.to a Joseph Henry Murgatroyd born 1866.
Does she fit into your research.

Scots people is well worth it fees..I have used them for years and it is cheaper than sending ,by mail,for them.
Go for the gusto !!!
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 30 December 09 16:10 GMT (UK) »
Do you have this marriage of Daykins and Crozier?

John Crozier married Elizabeth Daykins Nov 15 1856 in Hawick Rox.Scot.

If you order the marriage from Scots People it should have both their parents names on it.
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline ataloss

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 30 December 09 22:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi there
Thanks so much for your help. Sorry but I do not have an Agnes Crozier that I can see. (who knows she may turn up)
I have the info re marriage of Daykins & Crozier and I also had the info on the births of their children. It was the information from the cemetery MI that was very helpful.

I will see about becomming a member of Scotlands People and order myself a few certificates. One in particular I want to find is for my gg grandmother. She was married to Peter Crozier (son of Eliz Daykins & John Crozier) anyway she & Peter divorced in 1898 and I don't know what happened to her. Did she remarry, when did she die - all that stuff. Her name was Mary Scott Blythe born 1862. So I should be able to find her if I open my tight Scottish purse and pay for a subscription.

Can't believe how generous you are to complete strangers.
Coral

Offline ritchiewilk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Great-Grandfather WBW
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 31 December 09 01:04 GMT (UK) »
I just came across this and noticed that a posting said there are 3 cemeteries in Hawick.  There is a fourth at St Cuthberts Church, not far from St Marys.  Not sure if it is still in use though.

Ritchie
Wilkinson, Roxburghshire/Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire
Cairncross, Roxburghshire/Peeblesshire
Edmondson, Roxburghshire/Cumberland
Bowie, Roxburghshire
Young, Berwickshire/Roxburghshire/Selkirkshire
Hogg, Roxburghshire
Briggs, Nottinghamshire
Caldwell, Stirlingshie

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 31 December 09 03:32 GMT (UK) »
Interesting..I have not heard of that one and wonder when it began operation and when it ended (if it has).
Does anyone know if there are M.I.s for this ??

Offline ritchiewilk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Great-Grandfather WBW
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 31 December 09 13:37 GMT (UK) »
Wilkinson, Roxburghshire/Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire
Cairncross, Roxburghshire/Peeblesshire
Edmondson, Roxburghshire/Cumberland
Bowie, Roxburghshire
Young, Berwickshire/Roxburghshire/Selkirkshire
Hogg, Roxburghshire
Briggs, Nottinghamshire
Caldwell, Stirlingshie

Offline moschops

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 02 January 10 02:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,
               I have a Jemima Rea who was born c1828 in either Wilton/Hawick,Rox.Her parents were Margaret Cunning and John Rae.
I find the spelling will change so look at them all.
Jemima Rea married George Huggan Dec 28 1846 in Hawick.
They ended up having 8 children.

Coming to this thread a long time after the fact, but I notice you are still using this site so I'll add my $0.02 worth.

I have a Jemima Rae Huggan in my ancestors - she was a great-aunt on my mothers fathers side born around 1889 in Hawick and her parents were George and Helen Huggan (Pettigrew).  Her father was born in 1857 so I'm going to guess he is one of the children of the Jemima and George you mentioned. 

I have not yet chased the 1857 George Huggan's details to confirm that. 

Offline Brycemh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 11 January 10 18:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Am Toronto,new to this site.Notice your names.None directly mine.Do have connect here in Toronto who is a Waldie from Hawick...Waldie Lumber here years ago is the family
Also tripped upon Ontario Dryden tree which connects perhaps back to my ancestor George Hunter baptized 1771 at Appletre-Hall...with Dryden as witness...their tree shows a Dryden b at Appletree-Hall...just a little village!..Cheers..Bryce

Wul

« Reply #35 on: Saturday 23 January 10 15:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi All

I am interested in the subject of cemeteries in Hawick as I have direct relations from the area, looking for the cemetery that William Graham who died in 1911 in Chesters Cottage, Southdean, Roxburghshire and his wife Jemima Foster who died in 1935 in 19 Burnfoot Brae?, Hawick not exactly sure of the last place.

Planning to visit when spring comes, thanks in advance.

Wul