Author Topic: CEMETERIES,Hawick Rox.  (Read 48395 times)

Offline patrexjax

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CEMETERIES,Hawick Rox.
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 02 July 15 23:05 BST (UK) »
Hello again, Ann! Not to be greedy, but perhaps I will be lucky and find a collateral line who are surely buried in Hawick, also.  James Taylor born 1822 married Elizabeth Best who was born 1820 in Bedrule; they had 5 children, all born in Hawick.  Can I be cheeky and ask if there could possibly be an MI for this couple? Sorry I have few details on them.  Pat
ARCHIBALD/ARCHBALD: Tweedmouth, NBL; CHARLTON: Ponteland, NBL;
ERRINGTON: West Denton, NBL; 
FAIRLESS: Longbenton, NBL;
HARDING: Hollinside, Co. Durham;
KING: Newcastle-on-Tyne & Berwickshire;
LOCKEY: Ryton, Whickham, Co. Durham & YKS; NICHOLSON: Ponteland, Newburn, NBL; PAXTON: Norham, NBL;
PAULIN: Berwickshire; REAY, Ponteland, NBL;
SCOTT: Norham, NBL; SELBY: Tweedmouth, NBL;
SLIGH: Berwickshire; SPOOR: Whickham & Ryton;
WIDDRINGTON: NBL

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 02 July 15 23:37 BST (UK) »
No problem….Now I did go through the 3 M.I.books I have for Hawick and nothing….but I did a wee bit of research and came up with a few ideas.James Taylor born c 1822 must have died between 1855 and 1861,because….he is on the 1851 census with wife Elizabeth and 3 children,Margaret,John,& Catherine. Now on to the 1861 census he is not there,but,Elizabeth is married to William Brown age 53 and Elizabeth is listed as 38..and there are 5 children listed with the name Taylor,Margaret,John,Catherine,Agnes & Elizabeth,All born in Hawick.
 AND….Annie L.Best age 21 ((listed as Niece) I suspect step niece))..born in England
Suggest you go to "Scots People" and look for James Taylor death between 1855 & 1861 in Roxburghshire….good luck
Feel free to ask any questions anytime….Cheers Ann
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,<br />    Hopkins,Ramage,  <br  ><br />SCOTLAND: Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,<br /> Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Gillie/Gillies Haliburton,  Hogg,Huggan,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Miller,Notman,<br />Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson, Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Turnbull,Waddel,  Waldie ,Waugh.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline patrexjax

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Thursday 02 July 15 23:50 BST (UK) »
Hello Ann!  How very kind of you for the extra efforts and thank you for the suggestions!  I remain in your debt!    :)  Most sincerely, Pat
LOCKEY: Ryton, Whickham, Co. Durham & YKS; NICHOLSON: Ponteland, Newburn, NBL; PAXTON: Norham, NBL;

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 02 July 15 23:59 BST (UK) »
Be sure to go for that death cert. for James Taylor….as it will give you additional information that you might not have,…..age, death place,occupation,& possible parents names,plus his wifes name.
This gives you proof of the pudding……….Let me know how you make out on that. ..Ann
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,<br />    Hopkins,Ramage,  <br  ><br />SCOTLAND: Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,<br /> Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Gillie/Gillies Haliburton,  Hogg,Huggan,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Miller,Notman,<br />Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson, Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Turnbull,Waddel,  Waldie ,Waugh.

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Friday 03 July 15 00:11 BST (UK) »
Could not resist the thrill of the hunt…
 James Taylor age 34 died April 3 1856 at Hawick…
Listed as married
He lived at # 7 Mid Row,He was a Grocer & Spirit Dealer.
His Father was John Taylor,Occ,Brewers Assistant
His mother was Catherine Fairbairn (Dec')
He died from Hydrothorax (more than 2 months)
Buried in the New Burial ground in Hawick.
Informant was..James Hay,his brother in law
   cheers Ann.

NOTE if you send me a private email..with your email address,I will scan this copy and send it to you.

Offline patrexjax

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Friday 03 July 15 00:49 BST (UK) »
PM sent!   :)