Author Topic: "COMPLETED" Edmund Hutson b. abt 1792 Docking Norfolk.  (Read 4837 times)

Offline Hornchurch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: "COMPLETED" Edmund Hutson b. abt 1792 Docking Norfolk.
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 06 April 19 03:39 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am looking at my family history relating to Hudson, Binks, Sparham,
 in the Sedgeford area of Norfolk and came across chat
 relating to Edmund Hudson and Charlotte Sparham,
 who are my great,great, great grandparents.

The chats were between Eleanor and Hornchurch.
 I am wondering if they have any history regarding my ancestors from that era
and earlier.?

'

Hi Loops,

Further to your pleasant P.M to me yesterday, I'm helping your request for location(s).

The Church & location you ARE looking for is this  =  St Mary Virgin Sedgeford, Norfolk.

You'll find it immediately to the South of the long B.1454, which runs from Heacham to Sculthorpe

As you leave Heacham (heading Eastwards), along the B.1454, Sedgeford is THE next village you'll reach.

Here is exactly what the Church looks like, once you've entered the main gate....

St.Mary Virgin Church, Sedgeford by Horn Church, on Flickr

See where those folks are walking ?  =  You need to be on the exact opposite side of the Church.

Folks here, are walking on the North/Northern side (entrance)

Edmund & Charlotte's Gravestone (& Richard's), is on the exact other side of the Church (South side)

To illustrate it from an aerial-view, I've used 'Google-Maps' & used satellitte-terrain.

First-off, St.Mary's the Virgin Church, Sedgeford, as seen from an aerial view, overall.

Sedgeford, General Overview by Horn Church, on Flickr

Please note the neighbouring road to the North, the B.1454, your access point to get to the Church.

It'll disappear, in the next view, as I zoom-in, closer still... as the Church is just off a small side-road

Please note the 'additional markings' I've used & given it, to assist you in finding it....

Main access point, main gate, is highlighted in Yellow in like a 'stylised letter H'

Edmund & Charlotte's Grave location (along with Richard's), is marked in Lime Green (circle)

St Mary by Horn Church, on Flickr

You may find it'll be slightly or somewhat overgrown thesedays, dependant as to "who" is tending the grounds.

I seriously doubt the writing will be ledgible today, in 2019 on Edmund's & Charlotte's headstone.

But when I last went, Richard's Grave & engraving "is" (was), very, very ledgible*
  ( * so, should help you to locate it easily )

Richard's gravestone (Maria's Brother), is located at a 2 o'clock angle to Edmund & Charlotte's

EdmundHSnrGrave300dpi,, by Horn Church, on Flickr

Hope this info' meets your request that you asked me, yesterday & would help others find it too.

Cheers,  'Hornchurch'

Am interested in N.W.Norfolk Hudsons in the Docking, Sedgeford, Heacham & Hunstanton regions,

Offline loopyc170

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 06 April 19 11:32 BST (UK) »
Hi
Thank u soooo much. I often go up to north Norfolk so will deffo look for the graves.
Did u know that the pews in the church were carved by william bone who married lily Louisa Binks  my great grandmother?
Did u know that Maria Binks travelled the countryside in her pony and trap dealing in Antiques and buying at the Auctions. She had a big store on the village green at sedgeford . Hubby Thomas was a farmer and they set all their children up in business.
Of which I know s little about if ure interested.
Who is ur 2 and 3 x great grandparent ?
Loopy

Offline Hornchurch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 12 April 19 01:27 BST (UK) »
Hi
Thank u soooo much. I often go up to north Norfolk so will deffo look for the graves.
Did u know that the pews in the church were carved by william bone who married lily Louisa Binks  my great grandmother?
Did u know that Maria Binks travelled the countryside in her pony and trap dealing in Antiques and buying at the Auctions. She had a big store on the village green at sedgeford . Hubby Thomas was a farmer and they set all their children up in business.

Who is ur 2 and 3 x great grandparent ?
Loopy

Hi again Loops,  Am glad you like the info' & bearings.

If you click THIS link below & scroll down, you'll see my Dad's father, my Paternal Grandad.

Scroll down to the picture of Bobby Moore & it's the picture to his left....

http://theyflysohigh.co.uk/train-now-standing/4585619623

You'll notice it says... "Taken by his son, Ken", my Dad's Brother.

Ken "is" the one to give credit for our tree's history, he worked tirelessly on it.
 I've corroborated it, some 25yrs later - N.R.O & microfische-film, proof-checking.

I drove Ken to Sedge' Church & we took the picture together, in fact, I took the shot**
   ( with HIS Olympus camera, of Edmond/Edmund & Charlotte's gravestone )

It's EXACTLY because of the L.N.E.R (railway), that I was born in London/Essex.

William.J (Bill), was born in Heacham (1901) & moved from Heacham to London (L.N.E.R)

They were crying out for Firemen & Drivers, so my Grandad went from one, t'other !

Ken was born in Norfolk, the "last" on our line to achieve that distinction - (d. Torquay)

In answer to your question - My "Direct-Line" - Going down chronologically.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Edmund (Edmond) & Charlotte Hudson  =  My Gt.Gt.Gt.Gt Grandparents
                      #
 Edmund & Phoebe Hudson (nee' Woods)  = My Gt.Gt.Gt Grandparents
                      #
 Edward & Margaret Hudson (nee' Sands) = My Gt.Gt. Grandparents
                      #
 William.J & Minnie Hudson (nee' Pearce)  = My Gt.Grandparents
                      #
 William.J** & Gertrude-Marion (nee' Clifford) = **That's my Grandpa on the West Ham site.

My Grandad Bill drove Britannia (70000) & B.17 Express trains on L.N.E.R & B.R
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Another woman in N.Z obv's shares our dual ancestry, hence these.... (My direct-line)

https://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=anna%2Dlouise&id=I37669

https://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=anna%2Dlouise&id=I37675

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Whilst I didn't know the full S.P on Maria, I did know she was rich-affluent, etc.
 Am told she was SO well-off, that she bought her multitude of kids A HOUSE EACH !!!!!
 Like I say, I "do" have a photo' of her (Maria) & her offspring (& Mr.Binks, her hubby.
 The photo' came to me in a rather vandalised state, so needs "mucho-work".
 When I eventually find it, I'll give it to the 'repair' guys on this site, to work on.

From memory, the photograph was taken around 1870, so, a VERY early picture indeed.

"If" you check that woman's links (above, Anna Arrol), you see addresses listed...

Malthouse Crescent, Heacham AND Robertson's Cottages.

Whilst both a now (today), demolished, I do have decent pictures**

** Roberstson's Cottages, that Ken took, back in the 1970's/1980's.

Look forward to all & any replies.....

Am interested in N.W.Norfolk Hudsons in the Docking, Sedgeford, Heacham & Hunstanton regions,