Author Topic: Luss Camerons.Help please.  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Are Searcher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Luss Camerons.Help please.
« on: Thursday 10 February 11 18:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone
I have been working on a Cameron family which I have a connection through a great uncle.
Hugh Cameron YOB(1806) married Janet Douchart and had a son Duncan (1832)who married Mary Carmichael(1843-1882) from the parish of Appin. They had 6 children Mary(1865 born in Cardross), Hugh(1866 born Cardross),Duncan(1875 born Luss), Catherine(1876 Luss),Isabella(1878 Luss) and Sarah(1880 Luss). Their father Duncan was a gamekeeper, I guess, on the Colquhoun Estate and his son, also Duncan,  as a young game watcher lived at Port RossDhu at the western side of Loch Lomond on the Colquhoun estate. Duncan,s(1832) wife Mary(1843) died in childbirth at Pol na Beroch in1883 and the family Gallowhill also close to Luss. I found Mary's gravestone in Luss churchyard. I have not yet found Duncan's (1832)death nor can I find any of the offspring. My connection with the Camerons is through Catherine's(1876) marriage(10/7/1901) to my great uncle William Russell of Clydebank. I have been told that Catherine worked in the Luss Estate Offices before marrying Willaim.
I would like to find out what happened to Catherine as she was widowed  after only about a year of marriage. I did meet her daughter Mary(1902 or 3) and her husband William Ramsey but I was too young to ask the questions. It goes without saying that any help would be very much appreciated.
I look forward to any help that you chatterers can give me.
Thank you all very much,
Are
Buchanan (Glasgow), Allerdice(Ayrshire), Russell & Cameron(Lanarkshire&Dunbartonshire), McTurk Brown,  Menzies, McQuaker, Thomson(wigtownshire),Wallace