Author Topic: James LYNCH and Jane HEAVEY family in Lexilip 1870-90's  (Read 9829 times)

Offline PJWELLS

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James LYNCH and Jane HEAVEY family in Lexilip 1870-90's
« on: Friday 11 February 11 13:09 GMT (UK) »
James LYNCH ( a gardener )and Jane HEAV(E)Y ( probably both from Meath) lived in Leixlip ,Kildare from 1870 ish probably until 1900's.
We know they had the following children
Catherine/Kate Josephine b 1869 ( Meath we think) but possibly baptised in Leixlip - married a British soldier William CHILDS in Dublin and eventually migrated to Wandsworth and had 11 children.
Christopher b 1870 - ?
Margaret b 1872 - married Thomas MULLALLY and migrated to Huddersfield 1911 - 1920's with their 3 children.
Patrick b 1874 - ?
Jane b 1876 - ?
Mary b 1878 - ?
Bridget b 1880 - ?
Anne b 1883 - ?
James had died by 1891, and Jane was alive in 1911.
Do you recognise any of these people in your tree ?

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: James LYNCH and Jane HEAVEY family in Lexilip 1870-90's
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 February 11 13:45 GMT (UK) »
There are records for several of the children in the extracted births collection on Familysearch - including Kate/Katherine (see : this link )

Name: Kate Lynch
 Birth Date: 30 Oct 1869
 Father's Name: James Lynch
 Mother's Name:  Jane Heavey
 Reference Number: v 17-1 p 473

There's no birthplace mentioned but the reference numbers (volume & page numbers) can be used to locate the correct civil reference :

Name: Kate Lynch
 Registration district: Celbridge
 Event type: Birth
 Year: 1869
 Volume:17 /  Page: 473

The registration district of Celbridge covers townlands in counties Kildare and Dublin, plus a few in Co. Meath. A birth cert would show further details like the exact place of birth.

see :
 Introduction to Irish Records
 Ordering Certs from GRO Roscommon
 Details included on a Birth Cert

p.s. have you found Jane on the 1901 and/or 1911 census returns ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline PJWELLS

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 February 11 18:04 GMT (UK) »
thanks Shane, yes i have only recently discovered most of the relevant records on the pilot IGI site, having previously used the Irish Roots site that has the searchable database and pay per view basic transcript that we viewed of the baptism. The birth certificate is obviously the next thing to order, but probaly won't reveal any more detail than we know from the baptism.
We are specifically interested in the rest of the family, that may lead to soeone who knows even more of James and JANE.
Jane was indeed located on the 1901 census with daughter Maggie and husband Thomas MULLALLY, to be honest that was the major find, because Aunt Mags was really the ONLY one of the siblings we knew about by name, including her husband. We did hit the jackpot there!!
In 1911 we assume we have also found her living on her own.
Catherine always said she was born in Leixlip 31-10, but I think that may not be the case.
Phil

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 11 February 11 18:15 GMT (UK) »
I had a search for possible marriages or James and Jane, but didn't see anything promising.

What county does Jane list as her place of birth on the census returns ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline PJWELLS

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
James LYNCH and Jane HEAVEY family in Lexilip 1870-90's
« Reply #4 on: Friday 11 February 11 19:18 GMT (UK) »
Jane's birth place Co Meath on both 1901 and 1911 (i'm pretty sure it's the same person in 1911)

Offline gg3361

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 26 November 11 00:23 GMT (UK) »
hi, my name is georgina gorman, GGG granddaughter of James Lynch and Jane Heavey, i am still looking for more information about James Lynch.... Jane Heavey was born 17-06-1841 in Kilcloon Co Meath..... Janes father is Patrick Heavey... and her mother is Margaret Heavey..( Nee.. Daly) They married on the 11-02-1839 in Kilcloon Co Meath,               James Lynch and Jane Heavey had a son called Patrick born 28-07-1876, he married Katie Maguire on the 03-02-1903, They had a daughter called margaret (maggie) born 22-05-1909 who married Michael Byrne on the 22-10-1933,  They had a daughter called Kathleen ( my mother ).  i hope this of use to you, x g

Offline gg3361

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 26 November 11 21:07 GMT (UK) »
thanks Shane, yes i have only recently discovered most of the relevant records on the pilot IGI site, having previously used the Irish Roots site that has the searchable database and pay per view basic transcript that we viewed of the baptism. The birth certificate is obviously the next thing to order, but probaly won't reveal any more detail than we know from the baptism.
We are specifically interested in the rest of the family, that may lead to soeone who knows even more of James and JANE.
Jane was indeed located on the 1901 census with daughter Maggie and husband Thomas MULLALLY, to be honest that was the major find, because Aunt Mags was really the ONLY one of the siblings we knew about by name, including her husband. We did hit the jackpot there!!
In 1911 we assume we have also found her living on her own.
Catherine always said she was born in Leixlip 31-10, but I think that may not be the case.
Phil

Offline gg3361

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 26 November 11 22:29 GMT (UK) »
hi, i cant seem to p.m. to you, i got your mess, i hope these ans help you,  Patrick Lynch from Liixslip, married Catherine Maguire from Lucan dublin, on the 03-02-1903 in the Roman Catholic Chapel of Lucan Celbridge Dublin.    Patrick Lynch father James (deceased), Catherine Maguire father  Martin , their witnesses were Thomas Mulalley and Jane Lynch,( Thomas Mulalley  lived in the same household as Jane Lynch nee Heavey in the 1901 census)i have a a copy of this marriage cert and can send it to you if any good  to you.                                                                                                                                                                                 
  i am still reserching Patrick Lynch but he was in the army, my Grandmother (his daughter margaret (maggie))  told me he suffered for many years with shrapnel wounds,                                                                                                                                                              Patrick Lynch and Catherine (Kate) Maguire  Lived at 44 Roebuck Dundrum Dublin, they had 6 children 2 boys and 2 sets of twin girls (my Granmother being one of the youngest set of twins born in 1909), my Grandmother died in 1997 aged 88,                                                   My Grandmother Margaret (maggie) Lynch married Michael Byrne and lived in Blanchardstown Co Dublin, they had 8 children born alive 7 are still alive ageing between 77 and 60, my mother Kathleen being one of them,  I live in Tullamore Co Offaly ireland (my fathers birth town), i have not put my family tree up on the web but i must do soon , i hope this helps,   x g                                                                                       

Offline PJWELLS

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
James LYNCH and Jane HEAVEY family in Lexilip - update
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 24 March 12 17:57 GMT (UK) »
It is likely that
James LYNCH died in1889 in Celbridge Reg District.
Jane LYNCH died 1925 age 86 in Celbridge Reg district.
From the the Valuation books and Cancellation Books of Leixlip
Jane lived at 5 & 6 Mill Lane Leixlip from 1905 - 1925.
The following LYNCH's  are related to James , and possibly brothers, living in Leixlip.
Patrick born circa 1839 died in Leixlip 1926.( viewed at Confey cemetry )
Bryan living in Collinstown 1850 - 1885.
Michael living in Leixlip 1862 - 1874.
And possibly James father -Bernard born 1806 died 1879 and his wife Julia born 1806 died 1882.
From the Kildare Observer Sept 1st 1883 -Christopher LYNCH born 1870 died 29-8-1883 age 13 after falling into a wheat store and suffocating. Believed to be James and Jane's son.