Author Topic: Mary Whelan Parents Ballintubber Ireland  (Read 6605 times)

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Whelan Parents Ballintubber Ireland
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 12 February 11 20:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Shane,

I have the will, and is eagerly awaiting the death cert, hoping not ti find to see if son bumped her off- long story!

the national library is it up and running now on beta?

weenie
Names i am researching are: Riley, Peaker, Jones,Smith, Dobson, Ford, Humphries, Cross, Peckston, Power, Raby, Raper, Snipe Hulse, Whelan, Darling, Morton, Wild, Moss, Ibbotson, Grimes, Broadbelt, Jowett, Nicholson
Areas of interest: Leeds, Castleford, Wakefield, Kent, Westham, Northumberland, Lancashire, Pontefract,  Flintshire, Liverpool

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Whelan Parents Ballintubber Ireland
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 12 February 11 20:41 GMT (UK) »
The National Library has a website at : www.nli.ie but they dont have any RC records online. The digitizing project has only come up recently, and there are no specific plans to put the details online, but at least having digital images of the films would make this possible at some stage.

The digitizing has been mentioned here on RootChat - here's a link to one of the topics : Irish Genealogy

There are further mentions of it somewhere on John Grenham's weekly column in the Irish Times :  Irish Roots

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests