Author Topic: Sutcliffe family  (Read 3691 times)

Offline SusieKelly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sutcliffe family
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 13 February 11 20:34 GMT (UK) »
This post is also on  www.merseygenforum.proboards.com titled missing baby.
save any duplicate research  :)

Offline Minera

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 February 11 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Sorry is that wrong? If so I apologise it's just that it's so complicated and I am a bit upset about what became of the baby Francis C Sutcliffe I had some help with my welsh ancestors on here and am waiting for certificates to go further. Didn't know untill today that you covered other areas so when I found out I thought if I put it on here it might help. Didn't mean to waste anyones time just thought if I asked others it may help as am at a bit of a loss. Won't do that again, I know you can't ask twice on the same board but didn't know you can't ask on different ones.
I am so sorry and am very gratefull for the help given.
Morris x Thomas family. I think they lived in Meline but are registered at Narberth.

Offline mosiefish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 13 February 11 23:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

No, it is not wrong to ask on different forums when you are stuck and you are not wasting anyones time.  There are often posts on here that we also see on our own seperate forums that we  subscribe to.  We post links to avoid duplicating efforts - the end result is the same and if anyone can help they will. 

She certainly led an interesting life!

Mo
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Lancs: Harrison, Entwistle, Devine, Grundy, Ashworth, Freeman, Jackson, Rushton
Cornwall: Rich, Binney, Peak(e)
Devon: Martin, Walter(s)

Offline Minera

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 14 February 11 01:30 GMT (UK) »
 :) How could such a sweet old couple cause me so much trouble?  Have just seen  gramps Grahams bigamous marriage and his children. Still have to find  grans dad who ran off to USA, hope he married her mum b4 going and didn't change his name when he got there, not to mention grans half siblings who are part portugese so the way their name is pronounced is not how it's spelt. But at least if I get through this it may get back to boy meets girl marry have kids depart.
If I hadn't known some of this I never would have found it.
Have only been doing it since January and could not have got this far without help which is much appreciated, so if I do anything wrong just tell me as it would be through ignorance not intent. Thank you very much for what you do it's such a help and I do only ask for help when I need it as am learning as fast as I can
Morris x Thomas family. I think they lived in Meline but are registered at Narberth.

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 14 February 11 10:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Minera,

Don't worry about duplicate postings - I just noted it to save us doing duplicate look ups

If you are posting more than once it's best to state or post a link

I wonder if Francis' surname was changed to (maybe) Edwards???

Also he may not have used his middle name - so a marriage or death could be in just the name of Francis

Another thought is that he may still be living

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Minera

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 14 February 11 13:38 GMT (UK) »
Would be amazing if he was still alive, he would be old but if appropriate could let him or any relatives know that his sister ( my mum) had loved and missed him.
I know you can't help with info on living relatives but if something did come up you can state that fact and I would take hint to proceed alone.

For some reason I don't think he would be an Edwards unless it was his dads doing. Her previous 5 all had their fathers name even though she never married their father. There must have been some planning as my mum says that she thought they were a family and Frankies  dad was her dad too, untill a man came to the  door and she was told he was her father and she was to go with him and rejoin her 4 siblings.so either he tracked her down or more likely her mum sent for him. Suppose she could have taken the baby somewhere and passed him off as Edwards if he couldn't go with her or stay with his dad. But can't think why, can't think of a reason for his dad to do it either as he had not done anything wrong to my knowledge. He had claimed and named him so if he was left and could not be cared for why change his name?

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 14 February 11 13:53 GMT (UK) »
He could possibly be alive or recently deceased - I only have death reg's up to 2004

I just wondered if Francis was maybe taken to some other family and used their name - also the possibility he could have used the name "Frank"

Have you looked on Genesreuntied to see if anyone has his name in their tree??

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Minera

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 14 February 11 14:15 GMT (UK) »
No don't subscibe to them but can get someone to check. If he is there it may bei mine or my nephews trees which are dead. Can't think of anyone taking him as an Edwards as my gran only had her mum a stepdad and half siblings they all had their dads name which was portugese I think it was Dias or Dice it's pronounced deece. If the intention was to hide the child I can't see how that could be achieved  by using the name Edwards. As gran used that as her maiden name on all births and both marriages but could be wrong. I can't remember if gran said he stayed with his dad or I just assumed he did.
Not sure if it's relevant but Newtons were RC sutcliffes were not imagine Edwards and Dias were RC Dont think Grahams were gran was Salvation Army later. Could be relevant if Frankie was put in care.

Offline SusieKelly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 14 February 11 16:59 GMT (UK) »
Sorry is that wrong? If so I apologise it's just that it's so complicated and I am a bit upset about what became of the baby Francis C Sutcliffe I am so sorry and am very gratefull for the help given.

No Minera its not wrong i only pointed it out to save any duplicate research, putting it on a few forums gives you more of a chance of solving your mystery. :)

Susie