Author Topic: thomas howqrd iron mouler  (Read 3254 times)

Offline rleach

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
thomas howqrd iron mouler
« on: Monday 18 April 05 17:01 BST (UK) »

thomas howard born 11/23/1836
« on: Today at 16:47:26 »   

~~~~~~~~
hello i was referred to this board with a hope that maybe someone can help me solve my mystery i am trying to locate where my gr gr randfather was from and i don't have much info only vague clue (just my luck ) if anyone could do a censu look up or a birth look up i wold be forever in your debt i tried to go on the birth site but i can not read it it is too small so here goes.

thomas howard born 11/23/1836 per usa 1900 census cann ot find him before that where i can positivly identify him because he married my grandmother at age 62 in 1899 he immigrated in 1862 so i can not acount for 30 years here and beleive me i have tried he was an IRON MOULDER

the family always said he came from west shire but i can not find such a place to exist so i thought maybe it is a nickname someone suggested it may be the west riding of yorkshire
family always laughed and said my grandfather always joked you haveto live there to get the money whatever that meant i have no idea however i am not searching for money only roots and of course thomas howard is such a common name he had middle name james but he didn't use it

i also have a possible second birthdate of 11-23-1835 but the 1900 census states the first date i have been searching for years and i really think i will never find him ,so to recap

thomas howard dob 11-23-1836 or 11-20-1835 immigrated to usa in 1862 foundin the 1900 usa census in philadelphia pennsylvanis occupation was iron moulder

in 1851 he would have been 14 or 15  1861 he would have been 24 or 25

help please
rosemary howard leach     could  anyone have full access to the census do a occupation lookup for the 1861 census or even 1851 pleases
thomas howard, kirwans from thurles tipperary, and mcglynn form ireland