Author Topic: Eastwick House, Little Hampton, Evesham  (Read 6711 times)

Offline chasbaz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Eastwick House, Little Hampton, Evesham
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 07 May 11 16:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks Phil!
Bazalgette, but mainly not FH information.
Has written a biography of Jean Louis Bazalgette - "Prinny's Taylor"

Offline Mike Prance Williams

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 05 August 19 13:43 BST (UK) »
Hi
One of my ancestors Elinor Sedgwick Burlingham nee Prance was living at Eastwick, Hampton at the time of her death on 04.05.1899!
There is also a Catherine Margaret Bazalgette Gore who was born ant 1860 in Stirling, Scotland. She married a William Rooke Prance part of the wealthy Hampstead side of my family.
Not sure if any of the above is of interest to you.
Mike

Offline StintonLomas

• RootsChat Senior
  • I'm a Cousin - are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 08 August 19 21:01 BST (UK) »
Hi
With whatr is surely an unusual name is there any connection with the renowned Victorian Joseph Bazalgette?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Bazalgette
Malmesbury- Bishop.
Gloucestershire-Bishop,Hicks,Higgs,Hill,Hooper,Hopkins,Pitcher,Robertson,Stinton,Terret,Woodruff.
Worcestershire-Stinton. 
Devon- Borrough or Burrow.

Offline chasbaz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 19 August 19 22:27 BST (UK) »
Stinton/Mike,

Thanks, I have added William Rooke Prance to my Bazalgette tree.  Catherine was one of the daughters of Major James Arthur Charles Gore and Catherine Louise Bazalgette, who was a daughter of John Bazalgette and Sarah Crawford Magdalen Van Norden.  John was the second son of my gggggfr Louis Bazalgette ("Prinny's Taylor" - google the book title if interested).  My gggfr Sir Joseph's father was Louis' elder son Joseph William Bazalgette.  So there is a connection but in the other branch.

Charles Bazalgette.
Bazalgette, but mainly not FH information.
Has written a biography of Jean Louis Bazalgette - "Prinny's Taylor"

Offline staited

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 22 May 20 18:19 BST (UK) »
Interesting to read about Eastwick house. Not much seems to be known about it. I went to school with one of the occupants sons in the sixties and have fond memories of visiting the house. It was rather a ramshackle house divided into two parts with Mr Lancaster and his wife and daughter living in one half and my friends family in the other. I remember the winter of 1963 after walking to the house drying my wet freezing socks on a oil stove,  unfortunately they melted. The grounds were very large with a circular drive and a lodge or stable house. I seem to remember an old rail carriage at the bottom of the garden, perhaps I'm wrong. The family would put on plays in one of the rooms and I remember the "Cavern" in the cellar. I have photos taken on the roof but I cannot remember how we got there. When I drive into the housing estate, which was built in the late sixties I imagine the old house standing there.