Author Topic: 1841 Census, Lilleshall, Shropshire for Ann(e) Bailey/Bayley  (Read 16325 times)

Offline Bram Taylor

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1841 Census, Lilleshall, Shropshire for Ann(e) Bailey/Bayley
« on: Tuesday 15 February 11 08:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I am trying to find information on my great great grandmother Ann(e) Bayley/Bailey in the 1841 Census of Lilleshall aged about 21 and single although my G grandfather was born to her in 1842 illegitimately so she well may be with somebody I know nothing of?
I have been trying to find out about her for so many years and I am 73 now so can not try for much longer!!
I do hope some kind person can help me out?

Cheers
Bram Taylor
Australia
Taylor, Baker, Milns, Bayley, Bailey, Evers, Shropshire.
Sewell, Prestidge, Northamptonshire.
Simpson, Mitchell, Edmondson, Slater, Abbott, West Riding Yorkshire.
Zelley, Eggleton, White, Lovell, Purchase, Dorset.
Neech, Suffolk, Norfolk.
Singleton, Surrey,
Eggleton, Buckingham/Surrey

Offline z

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Census, Lilleshall, Shropshire for Ann(e) Bailey/Bayley
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 February 11 13:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bram Taylor

I can only find this one so far living in Lilleshall, do you have any more info?

1841 H0107 906 4 Civil Parish Lilleshall

Ann Bailey 20 living with her parents John Bailey b  1801 - Coal Miner and Eliza Bailey b 1801 - other children Samuel 18 John 15 Mary 11 and William 7 - All born in county

All the best

Z :)

Offline scriv2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 February 11 18:54 GMT (UK) »
Is this the right one? :)

If not, could you let us have your great grandfather's name and whether Ann went on to get married?

Thanks.

Names :Scriven, Parlour, Vaughan, Pember,Price, Thompson, Rennie/Roney, Hannon,Taylor,Pitt,Brice

Places: Alveley, Bewdley, Rock, Dukinfield, Manchester,Limerick, Bishopstone/Dilwyn, Swarraton,Alverstoke, Middlesex

Offline Bram Taylor

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 01:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi and hello Z

Thank you so much for your prompt reply; The Ann(e) I am looking for would be about 21 in 1841 as she is 31 in the 1851 census. She is shown with her new husband, George Taylor, (hence my surname is Taylor and Not the previous Bayley). She is also living with her fatherThomas Bayley, aged 66 (so 56 in the 1841) he is married but his wife is not present and I THINK she is a Christine Bayley, maiden name also unknown at this point. There is also a John Bayley in the same abode, not sure where he fits in as I have only just recently found that my Taylor surname only goes back three generation as Ann(e) Bayley had Alfred Bayley illegitimately in 1842, I have that b certificate. She then married George Taylor 1 May 1849 at the Logford church, I have that certificate now and Alfred, my G G Grandfather took the name of Taylor. I hope that is of help to you and you can point me in the right direction at last? Many thanks. Bram Taylor, Australia
Neech, Suffolk, Norfolk.
Singleton, Surrey,

Offline Bram Taylor

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 02:19 GMT (UK) »
I was just thinking that the above info was a bit muddled so perhaps this copy of the1851 Census might fill in a few gaps?
1851 Census: Brockton Longford, Shropshire
Source Citation: ClassHO107, Piece: 1998, Folio: 225, Page 7; GSU Roll: 8744

George Taylor, Head, Married, 34, Farm Lab, Born Tibberton, Shropshire, (My G G Grandmother Anne Taylor's Husband)
Anne Taylor, Wife, Married, 31, Born Lilleshall, Shropshire, (my G G Grandmother who I am trying to find in the 1841)
Thomas Bayley, Father in Law, Married, 66, Born Lilleshall, ( my G G G Grandfather)
Alfred Bayley, Step Son, 8, Scholar, Born Longford, Shropshire, ( My G Grandfather, Changed his surname to Taylor)
Joseph Bayley, Step Son, 6, Scholar, Born Longford, Shropshire, (Possibly brother to Alfred?)
Thomas Taylor, Son, 1, Infant, Born Longford, Shropshire, (Legitimate son to Anne and George Taylor)
Kind regards,
Bram
Neech, Suffolk, Norfolk.
Singleton, Surrey,

Offline scriv2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 09:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bram

Take a look at this entry in 1841 in Longford... could they have moved there already? Brockton is handwritten in the margin next to the household.

HO107/906/6Folio 5 Page 5: Longford; County Shropshire

Thomas Bayley aged 55 born Shropshire
Catherine aged 44 born Shropshire
Thomas aged 17 born Shropshire

No Ann though, will keep on looking.

Thought the 'Catherine' has the same wordshape as 'Christine' and was a much more common name at that time.

Barbara
Names :Scriven, Parlour, Vaughan, Pember,Price, Thompson, Rennie/Roney, Hannon,Taylor,Pitt,Brice

Places: Alveley, Bewdley, Rock, Dukinfield, Manchester,Limerick, Bishopstone/Dilwyn, Swarraton,Alverstoke, Middlesex

Offline z

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 09:28 GMT (UK) »
Good Morning Bram Taylor

I had seen the 1851 entry for George Taylor and Ann and had wondered whether there was a connection with your query, so yesterday I had a little look for Thomas Taylor b abt 1786 Lilleshall in 1841 and came across this:-

H0107 906 6 - Civil Parish Longford

Thomas Bayley b 1786 - Ag Lab
Catherine Bayley b 1797
Thomas Bayley b 1813 - Ag Lab
All born in county

Ann not at home!!! Considering I have found the correct parents of Ann and that Alfred was born in Longford seems likely she could be in Longford in 1841 so will have a little look to see whether she turns up!!

All the best

Add On: Snap Barbara - hope you don't mind the similar posting

Offline scriv2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi z.....

I thought that was great! Great minds think alike, eh? :)

Barbara

Offline z

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 09:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara

Oh good - two heads are better than one! So let's see whether she is hiding in Longford  :o

All the best