Author Topic: Offers : Local and Family History resources  (Read 25467 times)

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Offers : Local and Family History resources
« on: Friday 20 February 04 11:48 GMT (UK) »
Most Parish records pre and post 1837,
1851 census index for Halifax,
1841 & 1851 index for Huddersfield

Pauline
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline Chris Penrose

• RootsChat Member
  • Penrose etc family history research
    • View Profile
Personal Local and Family History Resources
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 November 04 12:03 GMT (UK) »
I have acquired a good deal of experience in resources, both Primary and Secondary, since I first posted.

I have resources for Yorkshire, and considerable ones for Cornwall where I was born. I have a copy of British Family Names, which details origins of surnames as at the start of the 20th century, also including details of all landowners down to sub-tenants following the Norman Conquest.

Please start a thread in the appropriate requests section so others can benefit from the results - you never know, a relative may be found who reads your post.

I DO NOT CHARGE FOR RESEARCH, SO PLEASE DO NOT OFFER!

Cheers

Chris Penrose

Penrose Pollard Stoddern Bowers Milnes Starkey Chappell

Offline ChrisBros

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Birstall & Batley in the 1700s
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 January 05 00:49 GMT (UK) »
I have access to most of the microfiche and some booklets for Birstal for the 1700s and also some transcripts for Batley for the same years.  I can also find details for a few years either side.
A few of the fiche are almost unreadable but if you have approximate dates I'll see what I can find.

For a lookup request please start a new topic in the census and resource lookup request board for this county

Always searching for Broscomb in all its forms and possibly even Broxup.  The family appears to have arrived in Birstall in the 1650s ....... but where from???

Offline Trevor Paul

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Help in South Yorkshire?
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 July 05 19:59 BST (UK) »
I live in the Doncaster area. Do you need any photographs taking or monumental inscriptions looking at etc. If I can help I will. If I can't I will tell you. Trevor Paul :)
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT FROM www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />SOMERSET: POPE, GRIFFITHS, FLOYD,BAKER, LYDDON,QUICK,CHEEK(CHEECK)<br />DERBYSHIRE:/NOTTS; GENT,CLIFFORD,SIMMS,BINGHAM, DAYKIN, JOHNSON. FOX, HOPKINSON, COOKE, DOVE<br />SEDGLEY: HICKMAN, PALMER<br />YORKSHIRE: INMAN,BOTTOMLEY,MILNES.JESSOP

Offline ali607

• RootsChat Veteran
  • GG Grandad John Collier 'The Contratenor Singer'
    • View Profile
Sheffield Street Directories 1940s
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 04 March 06 11:22 GMT (UK) »
I have some old Sheffield Street Directories dating from 1940s (between endd of war and 1951). They have no covers and a couple of the pages at back for letter Y are missing.

Other than that they are fine...hope this is of some help
Alison
Surname interests:<br />Salter, Fulford, Woodcock, Finney, Tissington, Driscoll, Shea, Maxfield, Collier, Hughes, Williams, Petty, Pearson, Prescott, Baldwin, <br /><br />Area interests:<br />West Riding Yorkshire: Rotherham, Hemsworth, Darfield, Sheffield<br />Worcestershire/Staffordshire: Oldbury, West Bromwich, Halesowen, White Heath<br />Lancashire: Wigan, Aspull, <br />Nottinghamshire: Worksop<br />erbyshire:alfreton, ironville, codnor

Offline ali607

• RootsChat Veteran
  • GG Grandad John Collier 'The Contratenor Singer'
    • View Profile
Re: Sheffield Street Directories 1940s
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 01 July 06 21:23 BST (UK) »
Just an amendment to my previous lookup offer  -I've had a few people asking me to lookup specific people for a specific address - these directories I have only state where the road/street is located in the city - there are no details of residents...
handy if your looking for a street that has now disappeared or if you dont know sheffield and you need some help locating where your ancestors lived...
Just thought id make that clear
Alison
Surname interests:<br />Salter, Fulford, Woodcock, Finney, Tissington, Driscoll, Shea, Maxfield, Collier, Hughes, Williams, Petty, Pearson, Prescott, Baldwin, <br /><br />Area interests:<br />West Riding Yorkshire: Rotherham, Hemsworth, Darfield, Sheffield<br />Worcestershire/Staffordshire: Oldbury, West Bromwich, Halesowen, White Heath<br />Lancashire: Wigan, Aspull, <br />Nottinghamshire: Worksop<br />erbyshire:alfreton, ironville, codnor

Offline KLM

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Doncaster
« Reply #6 on: Friday 28 July 06 15:09 BST (UK) »
I am prepared to do lookups for Doncaster researchers.I go to Doncaster FHS on Fridays.
For a lookup request please start a new topic in the CENSUS AND RESOURCE LOOKUP request board for this county.
Malone...Cheshire & Lancashire.Boswell...Bucks and Hunts.Lister...Yorkshire and Lancashire.

Offline adicol

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Bradford, Brighouse and Halifax Records Look Ups
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 06 August 06 20:30 BST (UK) »
Dear All,

I frequent the libraries and records offices for all the above districts.
Any look ups needed just let me know, and I will be happy to do them.
Also, cemetary look-ups for Bradford and Brighouse.

Kind Regards,

Colleen
DUR; Stephenson, Wray, Collier, Lowther,Rothery
GLA; Jones, Allen, Holland, Nicholas,George,Lewis
ESS; Davey
W.Yorks; Martin, Hodgson, Tyler,Harrold
LAN; Dodd, Constable, Brinkley
Guernsey; Le Riche

Offline Cybermouse

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Yorkshire Probates 1858 - 1860 Lookups
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 21 February 07 23:27 GMT (UK) »
I have a large amount of probates for all of Yorkshire 1858 to 1860 in my database and am willing to do lookups for this time frame. Please advise as much detail as possible - full name, date of death, parish, occupation, etc.

"For a look up request please start a new topic in the CENSUS and RESOURCE LOOKUP REQUEST board for this county"

Bron
Booth of Derbyshire, Susquehanna, PA and Victoria, Australia, Rogers of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire, Denial, Naylor of Yorkshire, Holloway of Staffordshire, Birch of Staffordshire, Pike of London and NSW, Australia.<br /><br />UK census data is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk