Author Topic: KEMPSON of Nottingham & Australia  (Read 21286 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: KEMPSON of Nottingham & Australia
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 22 June 11 01:23 BST (UK) »
Sevendays I thankyou for that detailed info and I confirm that many wealthy familie despatched difficult situations to the colonies.

I presume there was no formal ending of his first marriage but that he chose to overlook it when he married in Sth Aust in 1842 for afterall eventhe common law conventions that may default to the seven years rule for colonial 'de facto divorces ' could not apply as Thomas Winfield Kempson was born late 1838

I presume you have found the book that Martin has found re the policeman from Nottinghamshire and Tee Tree Gully.

Certificates are great  resources.

Cheers JM.....
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Essie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 22 June 11 02:11 BST (UK) »
Hi JM

One little error in reply #34?
7. Is it likely that the this same Henry Kempson is the chap who was baptised at Ruddington in 1838 ....

All in all,  I am convinced it was the same Henry with four wives, and he was not very truthful to say the least.

Essie

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 22 June 11 02:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Essie,

Seems so,  I will adjust ... it ought to read,
7. Is it likely that this same Henry Kempson is the chap whose SON, Thomas Winfield KEMPSON, was baptised at Ruddington in 1838

Many thanks,

PS, modified, hope it still reads OK
Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 22 June 11 02:32 BST (UK) »
The death of Ellen KEMPSON in Victoria in 1864 has also not been confirmed as being Henry's wife Ellen YUILLE.  Both the indexes and newspaper notice give her age as 22.  Another certificate which would be interesting to see.

Debra  :)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 22 June 11 02:38 BST (UK) »
.....All in all,  I am convinced it was the same Henry with four wives, and he was not very truthful to say the least.

Essie

Errrr   ......    ;D  ;D  ;D Apparently he was a policeman for some of his life in Sth Australia !   The NZ electoral rolls have him as a "Gentleman" ....  

I feel that Sevendays research is well documented, with many other certificates and other validating documentation.   Hopefully Martin will have other certificates to offer Sevendays own obviously detailed research which has involved time and energy and travel across the globe.  

I agree Debra, particularly as I can see that there's a possible KEMPSON female aged 40 (Helen v Ellen) outward to NZ in 1860 (ish).... 

Cheers,  JM

Offline Martin Harmer

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 22 June 11 11:53 BST (UK) »
All sounds promising and on the right track, look forward to viewing documents sevendays has even photo's if has  any.
Even i have some info on the Kempson's maybe interested in.

Regards Martin
Harmer, Kempson, Kiesler, Oakland, Payne, Crowle, Sutherland, Tulloch, Ward, Benfold, Donovan, Brooks, Smith,

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 22 June 11 23:51 BST (UK) »
The death of Ellen KEMPSON in Victoria in 1864 has also not been confirmed as being Henry's wife Ellen YUILLE.  Both the indexes and newspaper notice give her age as 22.  Another certificate which would be interesting to see.

Debra   

I would think that this certificate would have been a foundation stone in the research really as this marriage and her death were the first supposed Victorian events and, therefore, pivotal to further research.

We can only hope (as it seems you have not bought it), perhaps Sevendays has it as part of his own work and you will thus be able to view it, Martin.

look forward to viewing documents sevendays has MARTIN

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 23 June 11 01:22 BST (UK) »
 Of course I agree re that and any cert that could be one of the foundation stones....

Martin

Would you please let us all know what certificates you hold on this line ...this info would be especially helpful for advancing your reseachings through swapping validated info .........

Cheers  JM

All sounds promising and on the right track, look forward to viewing documents sevendays has even photo's if has  any.
Even i have some info on the Kempson's maybe interested in.

Regards Martin

Offline sevendays

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 23 June 11 02:36 BST (UK) »
Hi
Martin I have not seen the book you mentioned and would be interested in any photo of Henry.
I have some photos of Frederick as well as a monument inside the belltower of Kingston on Soar Church listing the Stokes (and Thomas).
I am new to this so how do we get to see them ? Is there a method to scan and attach ?
Regards
Fred