Author Topic: an elusive publican  (Read 3478 times)

Offline pamissearching!!!

• RootsChat Veteran
  • searching..............
    • View Profile
an elusive publican
« on: Wednesday 20 April 05 03:45 BST (UK) »
I am looking for Paul Rider born circa 1789. in 1828 he was publican of The Grapes at Horsley Down. In 1839-1841 he was publican at the Rose and Crown Long Lane Bermondsey. He died in Stockton Durham in 1843 and his death certificate says he is a licensed Victueller. In 1851 census of Wear st. Sunderland, his wife Sarah is listed as a publican. Can anyone help? Cheers Pam :-\
prince,bolt,mcleod,mckenzie,robertson,southgate, rider,fry, riddle,neale,taylor,newton,blythe,worrall,gunn,skingley,stewart,morrish,morriss,cobb,skull,carey, Miller, ALexander,

Offline Biker

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: an elusive publican
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 April 05 19:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Pam,

Would like to try to help, but not sure what information on this person you are looking for.  Can you clarify?

Regards
Jonathan
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pamissearching!!!

• RootsChat Veteran
  • searching..............
    • View Profile
Re: an elusive publican
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 April 05 09:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Jonathan;
                   Thank you for your reply. I would like to know if records were kept for publicans licences etc. Perhaps the person applying for license had to give personal details. Anything that might give me Pauls birth place or info into his life. Cheers Pam ;D
prince,bolt,mcleod,mckenzie,robertson,southgate, rider,fry, riddle,neale,taylor,newton,blythe,worrall,gunn,skingley,stewart,morrish,morriss,cobb,skull,carey, Miller, ALexander,