Author Topic: The St.George Family in Ireland.  (Read 24794 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The St.George Family in Ireland.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 06 March 11 20:03 GMT (UK) »
Yes, that's correct Shane.

My main interest of research is in Co. Monaghan, and came across where  Arthur St. George M.A. was installed Rector of Tydavnet on 13th Sept 1706, when I looked him up it gave the family connections/pedigree across families in Derry/Dublin/Monaghan/Kilkenny/Fermanagh.

I sent these to someone who is researching them but don't have them saved on my PC.

It's the www.rootschat address (link) above I sent to them.
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 06 March 11 22:31 GMT (UK) »
hallmark, back in September 2008 a lot of info was posted  after I had asked  about this family which was very helpful to me in my search for Howard Avenel Bligh St George.

It was on the Ireland site and was under the heading "St George family in Ireland"
I think Mike stg will find it very interesting.

I need to get a photo to Mike but am not conversant how to do it and would probably muck it up if I did so I am waiting for help from my family. Hopefully not too long to wait.

I have not yet traced a slim book about H.A.B.St.G which was on sale in the WW1 museum Ypres. I am still kicking myself for not buying it when I saw it. Out of print now.       Viktoria.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 07 March 11 02:11 GMT (UK) »
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 07 March 11 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Michael St George
b. 1819 Kilkenny
d. 30/3/1904 Marion, Olmsted Co Minnesola
Spouse; Julia Kelly
b. 1820 Kilkenny
Married; 1844 New York
----------------
Jack

Offline PatStG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 10 June 11 05:50 BST (UK) »
My Name is Patrick St George and I live in a small town in NSW in Australia called Narrandera.
My St George ancestor was named John St George and he came from Kilkenny to Australia with his wife, Ann Watts, on a ship called the "Runnymead" in 1842. He would have been about 23 at the time. He died in Sydney in 1864. So far I haven't been able to trace him back further than this. Perhaps there is someone out there who can help?

Offline smacs

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 02 January 12 23:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I live up the road from Kilrush, which is where the St. George family live. Their ancestor was a soldier in General Abel Warren's troup who came to Kilkenny fighting in Cromwell's army. Many soldiers in Cromwell's army received land in Ireland in lieu of payment for fighting in the New Model army. The family have lived there since the middle of the 17th century - it was a way to keep order in Ireland after Cromwell conquered the island and to pay off the soldiers.
The house can be rented through the Hidden Houses association - this is a link to it.... http://www.ihh.ie/houses/34/Kilrush-House/index.cfm.
You can see the house and there are some interesting photos of it here.... http://www.ihh.ie/houses/34/Kilrush-House/index.cfm

Offline annieh86

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 02 July 14 05:02 BST (UK) »
Hi my name is Anne Marie Hiskey nee St George and I come from Doolin Co Clare Ireland. My father Gerard St George is from Ballyvaughan Co Clare. Our ancestors came from Galway and in Kilcolgan there is a manor which belonged to Charles St George. The manor is Tyrone House. I have been told that Charles housed the Black and Tans here during the troubles and it was burnt by the local IRA.

Offline PatStG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 19 February 15 00:31 GMT (UK) »
I replied to this in 2011 (No. 13 on page 2). Not much seems to have happened since then. I joined a St George family group on FT DNA and am currently waiting for the results of Y DNA testing. The other members of the group originate from France via Canada whereas My roots are in Kilkenny in Ireland. If there is another St George from Kilkenny or anywhere else in Ireland for that matter, who is researching their roots then it would be really good if one of the St George males was also to have a Y DNA test done to look for possible connections. If you are interested then go to FT DNA and look for St George and go from there. Patrick St George.

Offline conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 19 February 15 15:22 GMT (UK) »