Author Topic: bailey baptism  (Read 13813 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: bailey baptism
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 19 June 13 17:46 BST (UK) »
Did Albert Underwood have a Sister Charlotte?
Bit of a coincidence as the both Married Baileys!

AH not so, 1901 Phoebe and Albert (under Joseph) are in Whissledine. So he had Sisters Ruth and Mabel only.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline oakhambred

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 22 June 13 14:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks Trish,

Edith Matilda, confusion caused by name variance in census.  Was born 1893 Melton M as you have already noted.  Still a puzzle as to the parents of George W bailey 1862 Wymondham.

I have been stumped as to what happened to Maurice and Joseph after 1911 so perhaps the marriage is the same person.

Julie
Underwood/Bailey/orridge   Rutland /Leicestershire
Hurrell/Dennis  Berkshire/London/suffolk

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 June 13 09:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Julie,
Do you have this M/C? If not I would suggest you get it to confirm George W Baileys Fathers name/occp.

Marriage Reg;
George W BAILEY, March 1894, Melton Mowbray, 7a 487
Eliza GREASLEY on same page

1891 Census he is the Grandson of Joseph WELBOURN born c 1818 Garthorpe, Leics.

1881 he is there also (Joseph Welbourn now born c 1814), Josephs Wife Elizabeth c 1826, Skillington, Lincolnshire.

1871 he is with them as George Bailey c 1863. Jos/Eliz have Son EDWARD Welbourn c 1844 with them, a Widower.

I think this is his Birth Reg;
George Bailey BAILEY, March 1862, Melton M, 7a 239

1851 Census George/Elizabeth Welbourn has a Grandson Thomas BAILEY age 3 or 8 born Grantham, Lincs

Still trying to work this out, back later,

Trish :)

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline oakhambred

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 23 June 13 11:48 BST (UK) »
Hi, Yes I have all that info.  Everything but his parents.  The grandson is John Thomas Bailey but I have a suspicion he is the son of Elizabeth Welbourne nee Bailey.  John T was baptised in 20 feb 1842 Grantham Union Workhouse, mother Elizabeth Bailey.  Illigitimate.  Can't find Elizabeth in 1841 or previous.

No I don't have marriage cert yet.  I doubt it will show father.

OOps  :D  Eliza was in Grantham union in 1841, according to family search.   
Any reason why it doesn't appear on Ancestry?

Julie

Offline kirstygoddard

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 17 July 15 15:25 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

i have been researching my family tree for the past few years. I can confirm that Mr Joseph Bailey is of relation to myself. born the 30/05/1897 and died 15/11/63. He married an Emma Annie Waddingham who is the mother of my great granma.
if i can help plesaase feel free to drop me a message. I might have the info you need on this

Offline oakhambred

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 16 August 15 22:11 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

i have been researching my family tree for the past few years. I can confirm that Mr Joseph Bailey is of relation to myself. born the 30/05/1897 and died 15/11/63. He married an Emma Annie Waddingham who is the mother of my great granma.
if i can help plesaase feel free to drop me a message. I might have the info you need on this

Hello Kirsty,
I have just found your message regarding Joseph Bailey and Emma Annie Waddingham. 
My grandad was George William Bailey, born Whissendine 1911 to Edith Matilda Bailey.  He was illegitimate.  I found his baptism on the Whissendine church web.  Also a younger brother who was buried there in 1914.  I have heard my grandad was possibly brought up by a Jo or Joey Bailey and was wondering if your Joseph might be him.  Could you tell me where Joseph was born?  Is he possibly the younger brother of Edith?  I would be grateful for any help.

Regards
Julie