Author Topic: TAS birth & death lookup for CHITTY  (Read 11669 times)

Offline SherlockBones

• RootsChat Veteran
  • today is the beginning of the future of yesterday
    • View Profile
Re: TAS birth & death lookup for CHITTY
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 16 January 14 04:15 GMT (UK) »
Ron

Just the marriage certificate at this stage please. When you get a chance.
Thanks

Jon

AUSTRALIA WAS ALWAYS DESTINED TO BE A GREAT COUNTRY. AFTER ALL WE HAD THE WORLD'S BEST JUDGES SELECTING ITS INHABITANTS.

Offline ron skeggs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 16 January 14 04:23 GMT (UK) »
Shall do so give me a week. The earlier Bartholomew Chitty mentioned as born in 1815 married Launceston Van Deimans Land as Tasmania was known in 1842 was killed by being kicked in the head by a horse at Kirks Horse Bazaar, Elizabeth St. Melbourne in 1846 he was the brother of Mainwaring Chitty.

Offline SherlockBones

• RootsChat Veteran
  • today is the beginning of the future of yesterday
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 16 January 14 04:34 GMT (UK) »
Wondered how he died. I couldn't find anything in the papers. Thanks.
AUSTRALIA WAS ALWAYS DESTINED TO BE A GREAT COUNTRY. AFTER ALL WE HAD THE WORLD'S BEST JUDGES SELECTING ITS INHABITANTS.

Offline ron skeggs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 03 February 20 05:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello,agasin I am Ronald (Ron) Albert Skeggs, grandson of Archibald Mainwaring Chitty one of Phillip Chitty sons. Mother Lillian Agnes Chitty whom married Albert George Skeggs.

The Edward Chitty you are searching for is probably a son , grandson or great grandson of Bartholomew whom sailed about 1870 to what was then New Caledonia , and settled there. My mother occasionally wrote to an Edwardo Chitty there many years ago, whom she said was a grandson of a brother of Phillip. A Chitty Newsletter went for about 16 editions will ask my brother Wayne Skeggs of Canberra whom keep everything if he kept them. Where the photos came from was from Phillips sister whom married a wealthy merchant in India and years later she came back to find out what happened to them and some how located them on the Upper Murray river which is still the back of beyond, there is not even a shop at Cudgewa, or Tintaldra I think. Phillip has a nice grave and headstone at Walwa cemetery. I was there Christmas eve in 1974.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 19 October 21 10:21 BST (UK) »
Message from Ron

he was kicked in the head by a horse at Kirk's Bazaar. I think in Elizabeth St Melbourne.

Ron you were clicking on the "report to moderator button" you need to press the reply button for you message to show ;)

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk