Author Topic: 1871 help please  (Read 2576 times)

Offline valeriec

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 help please
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 06 March 11 01:20 GMT (UK) »
I double checked the info for the 1881 census and the original documents have Duncan's age as 30 and Mary as 26.
the 1891 Census has him as 43 and her as 37 with children Jane 13, Wilson 11, May 9, Frank 6, Kader 1. Edward isn't listed.

there is another thread looking for information on Bessie May Davidson who married a Falconer Davidson. I think Bessie May is the daughter of Duncan and Mary.

www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,518588.0.html

maybe you can make contact through personal message.

Offline valeriec

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 06 March 11 02:20 GMT (UK) »
I went to the passenger lists into Quebec City to see if I could find anythign for a Mary Jane foster and there was one in 1874 but didn't give enough information to make any connection. The year 1874, ship Prussian, Liverpool to Quebec city traveling with a Capt. Foster, Mrs. Foster, child John. she is listed as either a niece or nurse.

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl
You may be able to narrow down a birth for June 1854 or Sept 1854 as I believe this site in in quarters and not months.

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#start
If you put in Mary Jane Foster, birth, year 1854, England some info will come up. You may be able to narrow your search to June and have some parents names to search.

Sometimes research is very time consuming. Good luck.

Offline valeriec

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 06 March 11 06:35 GMT (UK) »
The death certificate for Hayden Forbes Davidson in 1951 has his mother Mary as born in Wales and with maiden name Welsh.
Just thought I would throw that into the mix as well. I did post that to the other thread as well.