Author Topic: Peter O' Hare 1928 Settled where "completed"  (Read 7395 times)

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Peter O' Hare 1928 Settled where
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 15 March 11 12:48 GMT (UK) »
Hmm, looking at that other thread, maybe Francis & Bridget were the right people.  Perhaps they were going to be with her family?  The ship arrived 24 Nov. 1930, and the 1930 Census was done in April, so they could have married in the interim.  There is a marriage in Cuyahoga Co. for Francis O'Hare & Bridget Barrett shown here:  http://probate.cuyahogacounty.us/ml/  Unfortunately, that site doesn't give exact dates.

If these two are the right ones, the passenger list says that they planned to stay in Scotland.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 15 March 11 12:56 GMT (UK) »
I did find a Bridget Barrett in Cleveland Heights, Ohio in the 1930 Census.  She was a servant, age 24, single, b. Scotland & immigrated in 1929.  I found a passenger list from Glasgow to New York arriving 21 May 1929 for Bridget Barrett, age 28, single, bottlewasher, born Stirling, Scotland, nearest relative - mother Mrs. Elizabeth Barrett, 11 Murdock Place, Cowie.  She was going to Chicago to join cousin Mrs. Esther McCue.

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 15 March 11 13:02 GMT (UK) »
Great finds, Shelly.  ;D

I've been looking around as well, but didn't find half of what you have found.  Perhaps there might be more to discover.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 15 March 11 13:29 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, I haven't found anything else.  :-\
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline lud

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 15 March 11 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Thank's Shelly and Lisa
just checked out death certs, for parents of Francis and William, and on both cert's William was the informant, in Feb and March of 1950 so, it looks as though the boys got homesick. I checked out the link for the O'Hare family in 1881,and yes John O'Hare head and Sarah his wife are my 3 times GG'S.

Offline lud

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 20 March 11 14:14 GMT (UK) »
Shelly and Lisa
just a little update ,looked at death certs, for  Francis and Bridget and they both survived to a ripe old age, Francis died 6 Nov 1996 age 91 in Stirling and Bridget died in Bannockburn 14 Feb 2002 aged  100 Years.
Cheers

Offline Kimberly67

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Peter O' Hare 1928 Settled where "completed"
« Reply #24 on: Friday 21 November 14 18:06 GMT (UK) »
Frank and Bridget are/were my grandparents..I don't think they are the people that you are looking for.

Offline Catherine O’Hare Smith

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 06 May 20 18:25 BST (UK) »
Hi
I saw you post on the Old Bannockburn site.

You are on the correct Peter O’Hare.
My mother Catherine O’Hare was the younger sister to Peter and Francis.
I can help you with further information and old photos if that’s of interest to you
Thanks
Catherine  :)

Offline lud

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 07 May 20 13:27 BST (UK) »
Hello Catherine,
thank you for your kind offer of information and photos, I have a vast amount of information on my Family Tree, for the O'Hares , however, not a lot of photos. You might PM me after you have made 3 postings. "New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility."
If you need any info, on the O'hares I would be glad to help, just post here.
Cheers