Author Topic: Frank LYNCH - MB (1932)  (Read 14816 times)

Offline jillian3cb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Frank LYNCH - MB (1932)
« Reply #9 on: Friday 11 March 11 22:47 GMT (UK) »
I don't think Frank would have been buried in the RCMP cemetery.  My sister recalls visiting his grave in Winnipeg once. 

Albert was born in England.  I think I found a record for him being born in 1901 in Mile End Old Town, London, England.  I haven't found a death record for him, and I'm pretty sure he passed before Frank did.  If he passed in Manitoba, it may not be available in the vital stats website yet (too new). 

If I found the right Albert in England, his father was Alfred and his mother was Emma. 

My mom thinks Frank had a sister Beatrice and a brother Harold. 

Thanks again for your help, Susano. 

Offline jillian3cb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Frank LYNCH
« Reply #10 on: Friday 11 March 11 22:55 GMT (UK) »
HI Jillian,

It appears you have a family tree on Ancestry. Do you have any more details such as your great -grandmother's or grandmothers name (including maiden name) or locations? On ancestry there is a tree for a Edward Anthony Lynch born 2 years after Frank - any relation between these 2?

JDC

I do have a family tree on Ancestry - trying to find as much info as I can (not ready to purchase a membership yet).  I don't know if there is any relationship between Edward Anthony and Frank.  It didn't sound familiar to my mom. 

Offline jillian3cb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 11 March 11 23:01 GMT (UK) »
I think I found Evelyn Agnes May in the 1911 Canadian Census (misspelled as Evlin).  If so, her parents were Frank Samuel May and Catherine Czernigieicz (spelling may be wrong though).  I found some other May children (Harold, Alfred, and Monica) born to Catherine (and her maiden name was spelled differently every time). 

The census indicates that Frank came from England (in 1896) and Catherine came from Austria (I think), also in 1896.  They may have been married in England before immigrating to Canada, though I haven't been able to confirm that yet. 

I think Catherine may have passed away Dec. 3, 1918 in Manitoba (if I found the right record in the vital stats website).  Manitoba's vital stats website has been extremely helpful.  Thanks for the link, Susano. 

Offline susano

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 12 March 11 01:11 GMT (UK) »
I found the family mistranscribed on the 1916 Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba Census.  The enumerator wrote the head of household name as Francis Samuel May instead of May, Francis Samuel so they were all transcribed with the surname Francis.  The family is living at 708 McDermott Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Francis Samuel May, age 38, born England, Anglican, immigration year 1904, Engineer
Catherine May, age 38, born Poland (Aus), Anglican, immigration year 1904
Harold May, age 11, born Manitoba
Alfred May, age 10, born Manitoba
Evelyn May, age 8, born Manitoba
Monica May, age 6, born Manitoba

Susan

Offline susano

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 12 March 11 02:47 GMT (UK) »
Interesting to note the middle names of the two boys.  St. Clair may be a family name....perhaps Francis Samuel May's mother's maiden name??

Harold St. Clair May, b. August 5, 1904, mother Katherine Czernegwics
Alfred Cecil St. Clair May, b. December 1, 1905, mother Catherina Czemynwicz
Evelyn Agnes May, b. October 8, 1907, mother Cather Czernigiewicz
Monica Otylia May, b. July 18, 1909, mother Cather Czernieiewicz

I was trying to find a possible entry on a passenger list for Catherine's immigration so thought I better find all the different spellings!!  I'll post if I find anything.

No doubt you saw the marriage entry for Harold and possibly Monica.

I'm glad that the Manitoba Vital Stats site has been so useful.

Susan

Offline susano

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 12 March 11 03:17 GMT (UK) »
Alfred Cecil May died on June 16, 1947 in North Vancouver, BC.  His spouse was Marguerite Ferguson Roberts.

There is a death for a Francis Samuel May, b. September 28, 1920, Brandon, Manitoba, d. July 31, 1957, Prince Rupert, BC, son of Francis Samuel May and Katherine (no maiden name).  His spouse is Audrey Rosalie Chapman.  Perhaps a sibling to Harold, Alfred, Evelyn and Monica??

Here's a link to the pilot family search site.
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails&c=fs%3A1538285

If you are interested in a transcription of the BC death registrations, I can do that for you....but I may not get it done until the end of March.
Susan

Offline jillian3cb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 12 March 11 05:30 GMT (UK) »
There is a death for a Francis Samuel May, b. September 28, 1920, Brandon, Manitoba, d. July 31, 1957, Prince Rupert, BC, son of Francis Samuel May and Katherine (no maiden name).  His spouse is Audrey Rosalie Chapman.  Perhaps a sibling to Harold, Alfred, Evelyn and Monica??
Susan

Well, that's weird.  I had found a death record for Catherine May for 1918.  The age had matched, so I thought I had the right one.  I guess I'll have to wait until 2020 to see what his birth certificate says.

Offline jillian3cb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 12 March 11 05:32 GMT (UK) »
If you are interested in a transcription of the BC death registrations, I can do that for you....but I may not get it done until the end of March.
Susan

Hi Susan - don't worry about the BC death registrations.  I visited the site you provided the link to, and saw the records you mentioned.  Thanks for the offer - you're super nice! 

Offline jillian3cb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 12 March 11 05:34 GMT (UK) »
Interesting to note the middle names of the two boys.  St. Clair may be a family name....perhaps Francis Samuel May's mother's maiden name??
Susan

That's a good point.  I'll see what info I can find on Frank's family.  I would expect to see him the 1881 British Census.  Thanks for the tip.