Author Topic: BRADY, Cavan  (Read 3772 times)

Offline TonyBrady

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BRADY, Cavan
« on: Wednesday 09 March 11 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone, my name is Tony. Brady.  I live in Coatbridge, in the west of Scotland.  I'm new to the site but would appreciate any help given to me.
My family come from Cavan in Ireland.  I  am try to find out the day/date where my
 greatgrandfather/grandmothers marriage took place.  We are sure it was in Cavan around 1840/1860.

Their names were.  Patrick Brady and Mary Laffey or Laffery?  It says he was a furnace keepers assistant.  I have phoned Cavan registry but their records only start on 1864.  if anyone could help me with this, or were I could look, I would be really thankful.  Even the area were they lived in Cavan would be a great start.  I have all the rest of the family and it would be fantastic to  fill in the last piece of the jigsaw. Thank you for reading this.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: BRADY'S CAVAN
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 March 11 12:34 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat. You may need to do a bit more research before finding the marriage record in Ireland (presuming it still exists).
1840/1860 is a very large range of dates- when was the eldest known child born?
Did they have any children born in Scotland? Scottish birth certificates list date and place of parents' marriage.
The 1911 Scottish census is due to be released very soon and may help with a more exact location than 'Cavan'- the 1911 English census seems, in many cases, to list an exact place of birth in Ireland.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!