Author Topic: Look up request for Frank Ernest HARROP  (Read 4917 times)

Offline mhfamily

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look up request for Frank Ernest HARROP
« Reply #9 on: Monday 14 March 11 05:41 GMT (UK) »
I live in the UK and Frank was one of my early ancestors, but he seems to be a bit of a mystery man and I am looking for some help please.

Born in New Zealand on 10th Sept, 1889, he left for Australia sometime after about 1906/7 and was said to have lived in or around Melbourne for a time and at Leongatha, Victoria and in South Australia. He used the alias Wally/Walter and sometimes the surname Williamson. He is also said to have married twice, once to a Jean Lane and once to an Ada Goodall and to have had two daughters. Their is also a rumour that he might have been involved in crime and may have served time in Pentridge Prison, Victoria!

I've searched where I can but can find no trace of his marriages or death or details of where he lived.

If anybody can help with any information at all, I would be extremely grateful.

Many thanks.

Martin   

Offline mhfamily

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 14 March 11 06:50 GMT (UK) »
I am a direct decendent of Frank Ernest Harrop. He was married to Ada Goodale who lived with us until her death in 1965 ( yes she was cremated at the Springvale Necropolis). I was not aware he was married to Jean Lane. Frank was born in NZ as one of 10 children to Joseph and Eliza Harrop and he came to Australia at some stage (shipping records would be handy) before marrying Ada on 17th.April 1916 at Foster Victoria, being 6 months pregnant (carrying Walter Ernest- my dad). Dad was born in July 1916. A second son was born in Nov.1919 but only lived for 12 hours and is buried in the Wangaratta cemetery. Frank left Ada about 1920 from Wangaratta Victoria. That's about all I know about Frank but if any one can help me with cemetery records I would be really appreciative. The two daughters mentioned are not Frank's with Ada unless it refers to myself and my sister, but maybe with Jean Lane ? The marriage certificate shows Eliza Williamson (nee Ellis) and Richard Williamson as witnesses so maybe Eliza came to Australia to be with her son and remarried after Joseph's death in NZ. I'm confussed !
Regards to all Marion.

Offline abun

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 14 March 11 09:49 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Marion,

We're now in touch direct.

Martin

Offline alison2763

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gr. Grandfather Harry KEETLEY K.I.A. 1917 France
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 01 May 11 02:49 BST (UK) »
Hello Marion
Walter Ernest HARROP b 1916 Prahran -  Walter Frank Ernest HARROP and Ada GOODALL # 23839
Unnamed Male b 1919 Wangaratta-  Walter Frank HARROP and Ada GOODALL # 31446
Ada HARROP d 1965 aged 84 Dandenong-  Unknown GOODALL and unknown mother # 14192

Regards
Alison
Blundell- Sussex - Newcastle
Kiefel- Prussia- South Australia
Fiegert-Prussia- South Australia
Retford/Deptford-Hampshire- NSW
Keetley-Hathern Leicestershire-New Zealand
Other names: Collis, Williams,Courage, Andrew, Ransom, Gore.

Offline mhfamily

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 01 May 11 02:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks Alison, very helpful.
Marion.