Author Topic: HOOKER family, Hemel Hempstead  (Read 15333 times)

Offline Boblima

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HOOKER family, Hemel Hempstead
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 14 July 11 10:32 BST (UK) »
Hello Angesl,

Whew !! Many thanks for the Hooker/Lovett info, isn't it strange, how a question is asked, and then, a load of names start to come up, and fill in as few more spaces, of course if you yourswelf have any gaps, and think I might have any info, please ask.

regards,

Boblima
Lovett; Hertfordshire. Essex. Lancashire.

Offline angesl1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 15 July 11 05:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Bob

I am still wanting more information on Zachariah's mother and father and maybe siblings.

Also would you have asny informsation on the Spanish side of the Lovett family we know there is something
but not sure where

Regards

Denise

Offline Boblima

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 15 July 11 15:25 BST (UK) »
Hello Denise,

Spanish side to the Lovett family ?? well that's a new one on me, although I once went to Barcelona, does that count ?? I've never heard mention of any Spanish connection, but, there is a French connection , a George Lovett married a French girl in about 1820 in St Malo I think it was, and she gave him 2 son's born in St Malo and Calais, they came back to the UK in about 1827 settled in Croydon, then later to the Redbourn area of Hertfordshire.

There is also a faint Italian connection, Derek Lovett, b.1922 d.1968 was with the RAF during the war, stationed in the Naples area and brought back, and married an Italian girl, I'm in contact with their 2 daughters, one lives about 35 miles from me, the other in North Carolina in the US.

Regards,

Bob

Offline angesl1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 16 July 11 09:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Mrs Dickson

My name is Denise Borrell, my Grest Great Grand Mother was Charlotte Hooker, she w as married to William Lovett
her father was Henry Hooker, son of Zachariah Hooker, I was surprised in reading you were living in the Hooker family home.

I am interested in finding pout more about them, like what was their home like, what was their village like, what was their lives like, my Greast Grand Father Henry Lovett was Henry Hooker's grand son.

If by any chance you have any photos I would be happy to pay for the copying of them, but would send the moneyt first, if that is possible.

I was also trying to find out information on Lovett's farm in the same place and also Brydans Camp,
there is so much to find out.

Thank you in advsance

Denise Borrell

Offline Boblima

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 16 July 11 16:28 BST (UK) »
Hello Angesl1,

Tell me, are you in the UK ?  if so, are you far from Hertfordshire ??
 ( not too much information please, just this )

Regards,

BobLima

Offline angesl1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 16 July 11 23:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Mrs Dickson

Sorry , no I am in Australia

Regards

Denise Borrell

Offline Boblima

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 17 July 11 12:25 BST (UK) »
Denise, Denise, Denise, I'm Bob, not Mrs Dickson ( who I think is actually Mrs Dickens ) but don't forget, if you think I have any info and help in any way, just say so !!

Regards,

Bob Lima

Offline angesl1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 18 July 11 05:00 BST (UK) »
Bev J, this is slightly spooky - I've just joined RootsChat because I stumbled across a reference to the Hookers in the 1850's and 60's.....here they are again! Not sure whether my lot are a bit too late for you, but they are very likely to have been part of the same large farming family in the mid-19thc. They lived in what is now my house, which is what brought me to the site. Let me know if that's of any interest and whether I can help out with more info. I can certainly tell you where they were and more about their village because I live here!

Hi Mrs Dickson
My Great Grandfather is the great Grandson of Zachariah, and would like to know
if you have any photos of your home for me to add to my family tree, I am also trying to get informsation
on Lovett's Farm and Brydens Camp in Hemel Hempstead, my fasmily the Lovetts sare from  Hertfordshire
I am in Australias and would be happy for forward the costs of anything you may have.

Denise Borrell
Brisbane Austraslisa

Offline MrsDickens

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 20 July 11 08:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Denise

MrsD here. Thanks for your message - happy to help if I can, but the Hooker who lived in my house in the 1850's and 60's was David Hooker, so I'm not sure whether he's the exact one you're looking for. I think Zacharias was an earlier branch of the tree, although I'm sure they were all part of the same family round these parts. Do you want to take a look at your tree and let me know? I'd willingly email you a few photos if you're still interested - it's no problem to go out and snap away!

Incidentally, Bridens Camp (as they spell it now) is just up the road from here - it's a tiny, tiny little place. If you look it up on Google maps you'll see that it's virtually just a pub and maybe a few houses. There's also a Lovetts End Farm (still a farm) which is on the outskirts of my village....the one you're after, I assume?

Best wishes

MrsDickens
Oakes - Derbyshire/Buxton
Nesbitt - Berwick-on-Tweed
Longworth - Liverpool
MacMahon - Warrenpoint & Liverpool