Author Topic: Richardson brothers from Harrogate 80th TR Battalion/Royal Engineers  (Read 715 times)

Offline scruffypup

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Richardson brothers from Harrogate 80th TR Battalion/Royal Engineers
« on: Friday 11 March 11 19:30 GMT (UK) »
Looking for more info on Thomas (1879) and Alfred (1877) Richardson of Harrogate. Thomas was my hubbys great grandfather and Alfred was Thomas's brother, the only info I can find on Thomas is the excerpt from the newspaper, so many Thomas Richardson's on the military records on ancestry but none seem to be the right one, I wondered if there were any clues about his WW1 service from the article other than being in the Royal Engineers.  Alfred walked out on his family after his son was born and moved back home to his mother,  I did find his service paper but I've not found anything else about him during WW1.

Excerpt from W H Breare's letter in the Harrogate Advertiser 12 Dec 1917

Private T Richardson of the West Yorks, now attached to the Railway Operating Department, of the Royal Engineers, came to see me last Wednesday. He is the son of Mrs Waring, 2 Park Row, Harrogate. Before the war he was in business for himself. Richardson met various men of Harrogate out at the Front, but the names have escaped him. He is married and has five children, all of whom are well. Last winter on the Somme he was troubled with rheumatism and sent down the line.

Alfred Richardson joined the 80th T R Battalion 18 June 1917,  in Harrogate, he was aged 40 years  and  living with his mother Margaret Waring at 2 Park Row,

Julie