Author Topic: Witney1851 census lookups + more  (Read 4653 times)

Offline Phil Robbins

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Witney1851 census lookups + more
« on: Wednesday 13 April 05 19:33 BST (UK) »
I am able to do lookups in 1851 census of Witney union and several parish records south of Burford.
Please start a post under Oxfordshire Requests, with as much information that you know and I will try to answer within 48 hours.
Regards    Phil.

Due to pressure from the Oxford Family History Society I am unable to do any more lookups. I am sorry but it appears when money is involved helping others is not allowed.
Phil
Robbins, Burford Oxfordshire area
Pumfrey, Northleach Glos. area
Sutor, Worcestershire and Bristol

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Phil Robbins

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
1851 Census lookups terminated
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 April 05 19:09 BST (UK) »
Due to pressure from Oxford Family History Society I am unable to do any further lookups.
Phil. Robbins.
Robbins, Burford Oxfordshire area
Pumfrey, Northleach Glos. area
Sutor, Worcestershire and Bristol

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re: Witney1851 census lookups + more
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 April 05 23:58 BST (UK) »
You may produce your own transcriptions and help others from the images of the 1851 Census as they are crown copyright.

It is irrelevant of who publishes the census images under licence from the National Archives - but you must also acknowledge crown copyright by stating that "1851 Census Lookups of Whitney are Crown Copyright, National Archives for academic and non-commercial research purposes only".

You must not however reproduce transcriptions produced by the OFHS as this remains their copyright.

For clarification however (don't take my word for it) please contact the National Archives.
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.