Author Topic: WYBUNBURY & AUDLEM PARISH RECORDS  (Read 14509 times)

Offline June Thompson

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
WYBUNBURY & AUDLEM PARISH RECORDS
« on: Wednesday 09 June 04 12:14 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Can anyone help me please regarding Wybunbury & Audlem Parish Records.  Does anyone know if there is a Parish Records CD available to buy with these two Churches on it. Or failing this, could someone please advise me where I could view these records, other than the Archives Centre at Chester.  I am not a car driver so am unable to travel to Chester from Congleton.  
All the research I have done so far has been in the Staffordshire area, so I am really new to Cheshire Research. I would really appreciate it if someone could please point me in the right direction.
Many thanks,
June

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re:WYBUNBURY & AUDLEM PARISH RECORDS
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 June 04 18:18 BST (UK) »
Hi June

I have a copy of Bertram Merralls Cheshire parish records its marriages only though. If there is anyone specific your looking for, or just a family name let me know and I will have a look.
         There are bits and pieces for sale at Crewe fhs for Wybunbury.

http://www.scfhs.org.uk/scfhs/pubs.html

Otherwise its the CRO I'm afraid, and being disabled I know how difficult it is. I have to rely on my sister for my Cheshire parish searches luckily she is also into family history.

I also have 1851 and 1841 censuses for the areas if I can help I will.

good luck

peterbennett

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline odessa

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 June 04 18:47 BST (UK) »
Hi
There is some coverage of Wybunbury on the BVRI v2, nothing of Audlem. Coverage is sometimes not total for a parish, but if you want to try a couple of names and dates for baptisms I'll have a look for you. At least if you have a date from an index you can apply to CRO by post or on-line for a photocopy from the film of the parish registers if it is available(usually fairly inexpensive)
Odessa.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline June Thompson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 09 June 04 19:54 BST (UK) »
Hello again Peter,

I'm the one you helped recently with the MULLINER family I am researching.
I invested my pennies into buying the 1841 Census for Shropshire, and at last found Richard Mulliner aged 3 years with his parents William & Mary & brothers John aged 15, William aged 7, James aged 5, and sister Mary aged 1 year living at Woore.
I now need to find Richards baptism.  I have looked for him on the I.G.I.for Shropshire, Cheshire & Staffordshire with no luck.  I realise that not all baptisms are on the I.G.I. so now it is a case of searching different Parishes in the area to try and find him. Wybunbury seems to have quite a few Mulliner entries, plus Richard got married there.  I also need to find Richard Mulliner's father William's parents. I have found a very good possible at Woore Chapel.  Its says bapt: 26/8/1804 William son of John Mulliner of Bridgemere.(No mothers name given) and there are no further Mulliner entries at Woore chapel.  I now need to find a marriage for John Mulliner somewhere in the area of Bridgemere. It really is proving a big challenge changing from one County to the other.  If you could possibly look at your records for me to see if there is a marriage at Wybunbury for John
Mulliner about 1804 I would be very grateful.
Many thanks,
June

Offline June Thompson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 09 June 04 20:01 BST (UK) »
Hello Odessa,

If you wouldn't mind looking for me to see if you can see a baptism for RICHARD MULLINER about 1837 I would be very grateful.
Many thanks,
June

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 10 June 04 15:24 BST (UK) »
Hi June
          Yes I thought it was you, glad you sorted out the Richard one.
           Here are a couple of John Mulliner marriages that may fit.

1) 21/2/1797       Elizabeth Morrey   at Audlem St. James
2)  7/10/1799      Margaret Brookes at Brereton St. Oswald
3) 28/12/1802     Ann Littler             at Acton St. Mary
4) 3/5/1804         Nancy Harvey       at Audlem St. James
5) 1/8/1813         Ann Haywood       at Audlem St. James

Unfortunatly I only have the index, there may be more info in the actual parish records.
I have extracted around 100 Mulliner ( and variations of ) marriages in and around the district from 1680-1837. if you would like a copy please let me know.

good luck

peterbennett

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline June Thompson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 11 June 04 11:12 BST (UK) »
Hello Peter,

Thank you very much for the MULLINER information,
I really apreciate it.
If you could please let me have a copy of the list of Mulliners you have extracted from your records, that would be fantastic.
Thanks once again for all you efforts,
Best Wishes
June

Offline roy mulliner

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WYBUNBURY & AUDLEM PARISH RECORDS
« Reply #7 on: Monday 10 May 10 21:05 BST (UK) »
Hello June,

I noticed in your correspondance with the late Peter Bennett dated 2004 you were researching the Mulliner family of Wybunbury and Bridgemere. I myself am researching the son William of the same family and would appreciate any help you may be able to offer. Roy Mulliner

Offline jubee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WYBUNBURY & AUDLEM PARISH RECORDS
« Reply #8 on: Monday 10 May 10 23:38 BST (UK) »
Hi June,
Have you tried the Cheshire Parish Registers Project ? It has transcriptions for both Wybunbury and Audlem up to around 1870.
I've had a quick look and found a marriage for William Mulliner and Mary Duckas (sic) on 29 Dec 1824.
Hope this helps  :)

jubee