Author Topic: Rhoscolyn Lifeboat  (Read 39503 times)

Offline olddear

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rhoscolyn Lifeboat
« Reply #18 on: Monday 25 July 11 16:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Joolsgreen,

Welcome to the site, I am very new to this myself but have found it very interesting.

Have been away and have only just seen your message regarding the Hughes' of Cymyran. I myself have no recollection of hearing about a Titus or a Jane - so its possible that your Father In Law was perhaps a cousin to my grandmother. If you would let me have his name perhaps I could  then  put some thought into what I remember.
Thanks

Olddear

Offline olddear

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 28 July 11 17:21 BST (UK) »
Hi,

In connection with my previous message I should have asked for your Father-in-Law's Father's name, as you had already supplied your F I L name. Sorry about that.

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 11:36 BST (UK) »
Nothing to help with your search, but this is Plas Cymyran, taken last Saturday
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Owen ap Anglesey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 04 August 11 10:00 BST (UK) »
Learnt a great deal about the evolution of this house over the past 200 years. Wonderful photo - think that my G.G.G.Grandparents would be impressed. Thank you

Offline olddear

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 05 August 11 22:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Wilcoxon

Thank you very much for forwarding the beautiful photo of Cymyran Beach and Plas Cymyran. It really is a lovely setting and most appreciated.

Have spent many a day there in  the past when my Mother was alive and go there on a regular basis to see where my ancestors dwelled. As Mam called it Nefoedd ar y Ddear (Heaven on Earth)

Thanks
Olddear

Offline march-hants

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 07 October 11 15:17 BST (UK) »
hi Owen ap Anglesey. Have just read the various comments about the "Hughes" and their connection with Rhoscolyn Lifeboat. My 3xgt grandparents were also Hugh Hughes (1789-1882) and Margaret. I am descended through their son Evan (1813-1903) and his daughter Margaret (1854-1930) who married Owen Griffiths in 1870.
Tulett-West Harting, Sx: Fleet and Gard-Chalton, Hants:
Hughes - cymran, anglesey: Griffiths - Rhoscolyn:
Jones-Llanfaelog:

Offline Owen ap Anglesey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 08 October 11 16:33 BST (UK) »
hi March-hants. Thanks for responding . My G.G.Grandmother- Eleanor Hughes was a sister of the Evan Hughes (1813 - 1903) you mention. Was aware that Evan had a daughter Margaret born 1854, but not her marital status. Are you able to share information on the children of Margaret and Owen Griffiths ?

My interest is divided between expanding the family tree and finding more about the Hughes family involvement with the Lifeboat. Have had significant help on both counts - but finding it difficult to gather any information on the Rhoscolyn Lifeboat before the 1850's. I suspect that Hugh Hughes (1789 - 1882) was involved since all census records show him to be a Boarman living at Cymyran.

Offline Owen ap Anglesey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 08 October 11 16:37 BST (UK) »
I meant Boatman

Offline Hardrock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 14 November 11 15:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Just joined chat today and noticed your post today about the Hughes Family which are my husband's decendants but I'm a bit puzzled !
My father in law William Titus Jones Hughes was Winnie's brother, there was also another brother called Evan Hughes who lived in Scilly Isles and a sister called Jane who married and moved to Gaerwen, Anglesey to live.  What's puzzling me is the name Ellen and Maggie can you enlighten me as my F-in-L never mentioned them but he wasn't very forthcoming with information on the family.
If you need any more on the Hughes' from my husbands connection get back to me.  :)