Author Topic: Forrest - Carluke  (Read 15316 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Forrest - Carluke
« Reply #27 on: Friday 29 March 19 03:13 GMT (UK) »

It may be an idea to post exactly what info. you do have with dates/places to help others connect?

Maybe an insight as to how you discovered the other 4 children...where/when?

Are those 4 children of Robert Forrest & Margaret Kerr?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline 4043

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 29 March 19 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Robert Forrest & Margaret Kerr where the parents of my ggrandfather Alexander. His son George was my grandfather who emigrated to Canada.  Another George his brother born 1849, Robert born 1857 John born 1858 also a sister Margaret Ann 1861.  My information comes from searching through Scotslandpeople, Wikitree, My heritage etc. numerous websites so birthdates may not be exact, but for sure Alexander and his wife Agnes Watson are correct.  If you have more information on this family I would appreciate hearing from you......A Carter

Offline daval57

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Christmas 2011. My daughter Clare with me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 30 March 19 03:51 GMT (UK) »
Robert Forrest & Margaret Kerr where the parents of my ggrandfather Alexander. His son George was my grandfather who emigrated to Canada.  Another George his brother born 1849, Robert born 1857 John born 1858 also a sister Margaret Ann 1861.  My information comes from searching through Scotslandpeople, Wikitree, My heritage etc. numerous websites so birthdates may not be exact, but for sure Alexander and his wife Agnes Watson are correct.  If you have more information on this family I would appreciate hearing from you......A Carter

I refer back to my previous comments.  Not my family as far back as I've traced, but they descend from Alexander Forrest and Elizabeth Whitelaw.  Lauren Bailey who has posted on this thread, is researching the same line (I think her husbands line), and also someone I have spoken with called Sheena Vdvoort, and a chap called Richard Laslett. 

You might all have spoken previously, but I'm trying to connect as many folk researching Forrest as possible, whether related to me or not. 

I run a small group on Facebook which any resaerchers of Forrest are welcome to join.  Might help you (us) connect.

Dave Forrest

https://www.facebook.com/groups/forrests.in.scotland/
-------------------
FORREST (Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire and Dunbartonshire)
ROONEY (Co Down, Co Antrim) 
BORTHWICK, FORTUNE, BARKER, SIVES (Lothians)
ANDERSON (Moray, Caithness)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 31 March 19 02:27 BST (UK) »
Robert Forrest & Margaret Kerr where the parents of my ggrandfather Alexander. His son George was my grandfather who emigrated to Canada.  Another George his brother born 1849, Robert born 1857 John born 1858 also a sister Margaret Ann 1861.  My information comes from searching through Scotslandpeople, Wikitree, My heritage etc. numerous websites so birthdates may not be exact, but for sure Alexander and his wife Agnes Watson are correct.

What yr was your ancestor George born & do you have his baptism/birth record?

There seems to be a gap in births 1849 - 1857 but no clue as to when your George was born/where?

Do you have records for all those baptisms/where in that period?
Do you have the marriage/date/age etc. of your George & details of his parentage?

Which of the above records do you have from scotlandspeople as wiki/myheritage are others trees/info. which may/may not be verified?

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline kall

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 31 March 19 15:58 BST (UK) »
You should consider joining Dave’s Facebook page....we are a friendly bunch and help with all queries regarding Forrest
Forrest - Blantyre
McLellan - Dumfriesshire
McCracken - Dumfriesshire
Harkness - Dumfriesshire
Adamson - Dumfriesshire

Offline 4043

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 31 March 19 18:01 BST (UK) »
First I am already on Daves facebook site regarding Forrests.  Upon checking I may have found the wrong information as My grandfather George was born in Douglas/Lanarkshire in 1888, and his father Alexander was born (I believe) in Biggar/Lanarkshire, 1841 and his siblings where Elizabeth 1845, Grace 1843, It looks like Robert, George, Margaret, John where of another Forrest not connected to mine.  My info came from the 1891 Census of Scotland.  I do believe I have the correct information regarding Robert his parents being Alexander born 1797, and mother Elizabeth Whitlaw born 1799.
I also came across that maybe Robert had a second wife Mary Hamilton , Margaret died when?

Offline daval57

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 31 March 19 18:44 BST (UK) »
Deleted previous reply as I typed incorrect info as I was rushing.  Will repost shortly. 
-------------------

Offline daval57

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 31 March 19 18:53 BST (UK) »
Robert Forrest married Margaret Kerr in 1840, Mary Hamilton in 1881, and died 1905.  The death record from 1905 confirms both spouses and his parents names.  I have a copy of both marriage records and the death record.  Details of the 7 children to Robert and Margaret were obtained from a combination of records from Scotlands People, Family search and the census records.  Margaret Kerr died 1879 in Lesmahagow.  Due to Rootschats regulations about copyright, I can't post the records on here, but if I've not already done it, I'm happy to share them privately or through my FB group.

Dave
-------------------

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 31 March 19 22:51 BST (UK) »
Due to Rootschats regulations about copyright, I can't post the records on here

I'm sure people interested would be happy with the info. transcribed too for others to read who may also be connected & unknown as yet?

Annie